• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Home Depot, Again.......

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No, that is not clear. Many people are not getting the confirmation you are refering to. Is THAT clear?

Sir, you stated that you are not getting an e-mail response from the system. I have said several times that the system does not send out e-mails. What it does is give you a comfirmation number if the application is completed correctly and accepted by the system (I did not design the Home Depot on-line applicaton system, but it seems to work for the thousands of people the company hires per year). If you follow the instructions and complete the application process you will get the number, and can be sure that your application was accepted. If you do not get the number then you made a mistake. Computer systems never fail, do they?

I do NOT want to be involved in this, but I do have to submit that the 4 or 5 times I've submitted apps for the same job, I've gotten no confirmation number. Click 'finish' and it ushers you out to the EOE survey. Take it or don't. The results are the same.

I do NOT want to be involved in this, but I do have to submit that the 4 or 5 times I've submitted apps for the same job, I've gotten no confirmation number. Click 'finish' and it ushers you out to the EOE survey. Take it or don't. The results are the same.

I don't want to get into that either, but that is exactly the result I got each time I tried it, there was no confirmation number and it led to the EOE survey (which I completed).

Also, I don't know if it should, but I can log into the user account that you create for the application process and it doesn't provide any indication of postings that I have previous applied for. I would think that it would; does anyone else that did get a confirmation number see any information of that kind?

It is not a big deal, I am just trying to get as much information about the process so if the time comes that I want to apply for possible future openings, I can be more confident that my application was received and reviewed.

I will do everything that I can to get an answer for you all. This stuff is under the control of the IT Department and Human Resources. The Flight Department has nothing to do with it.

I don't want into the frey either, Sleepy you have done a great job as to information on the process, but I like the others got no conformation number and checked my application for errors and ommissions. I received the same EEOC stuff as the other guys.
Thanks...

The answer is that the systems works. IT says that the problem is probably with the individuals computer system, not the Home Depot system. They say that if the application is done correctly, requirements are followed, it works. Sorry.

The answer is that the systems works. IT says that the problem is probably with the individuals computer system, not the Home Depot system. They say that if the application is done correctly, requirements are followed, it works. Sorry.

Thanks for checking and spending time on this, sleepy. I think we all appreciate it. I have no doubt that is the answer the IT department has given you. I am a former network engineer and have done a lot of IT work throughout the years both fulltime and contracting along with flying. I say that for two reasons; one, I am familiar with IT departments and two, I am computer literate. That being said I think enough people have responded that it doesn't always work. My application was done corectly (more than once), requirements were followed, and it didn't produce a confirmation number upon submission. Nor did it produce any error messages or indications of conflicts. Maybe you could suggest, for us, to the IT department that it would be helpful to list any particular system, security, encription, etc. requirements on the application site or at least setup the application to produce a conflict message if there is one upon submission. Maybe that would help in the future because there definitely seems to be an existing issue that is reoccurring for some.

I hear that the position is filled. A qualified female from another Atlanta area corporate operation. The rejection emails are going out. Thanks to all who applied. More positions likely in the future, but I will not post them on here due to the large number of crybabies and whiners.

If you applied and did not give me a hard time I will pm you about any future openings.

Thanks,

P.S. I konw of another Atlanta area Fortune 30 flight department that will be looking for Falcon qualified pilots. If you are interested pm me for info. If you did not give me a hard time here I will be glad to share the info. I will not post it for the general crybaby crowd.

Sir, you stated that you are not getting an e-mail response from the system. quote]

Wow, I forgot about this thread...tell me, where did I state that I didn't get a response. I didn't even apply to your crappy company.

Were you the kid on the playground that was the cheerleader while the rest of the boys played football? That is some funny stuff you posted...does that mean you aren't going to tell me your big secret because I was mean to you. What a goober! ;)

Latest resources

Back