• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Home Depot, Again.......

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I really doubt that the corporate on call "GOFER while you're not flying, do some office work while you're at it, you're on call, so be available" is better than a regional flying job. Plus pt.121 time is a lot stronger for those that want to go to a major. During a CAL meet a potential candidate was told that his pt 121 right seat time was stronger than his pt 91 LEFT seat turbine corporate time. All things taken in consideration; if you don't mind being a GOFER then HD is the place for you.

We interviewed many very qualified applicants from all areas of the aviation industry (airline, corporate and military) in the first round. The second round of interviews begins this week. We have had no trouble generating interest in this position. Thank you to all who applied and good luck to those who made it to round two.

Good luck to those interviewed. I tried to submit the online application three times but although it appeared to go through I never received any kind of verification or confirmation number. I checked for incomplete fields or other obvious errors as Sleepy suggested; I'm fairly computer literate (a former network engineer) but I can't seem to figure out what the issue may have been. I'm a local Atlanta pilot so it was dissapointing for me that they wouldn't accept a walk-in resume or app. Anyway, good luck.

BigPappa, if your opinion is based on experience then you've had some unfortunate jobs. I have worked many years in part 91 departments and never considered myself any of those titles. And not all of us are interested in the "majors". One of my first commercial jobs was flying at a 121 carrier and I'm glad I upgraded from that to Part 91 flying.

Sleepy,

If you did not make it to round two, do they call to tell you, or is silence your indicator?. Prefer the former.

... and just in case the call comes, would you care to share any details about specifically what 'round two' includes?.

Many thanks,

/s/ AHTTD

I'm not totally blown away with the computer system, myself. I'm fairly local, as well, and don't really know how I feel about an operator that turns you away at the door. That's not a statement of judgment, just one of literal uncertainty. Flight departments should be enjoyable, and we all know that just about any monkey can be trained to fly one of these things. How do they know what kind of person they're getting by numbers on a faceless page alone? I think that says something about culture right off the bat. I'd not always rather spend a few days on the road with the guy with the most "proper" kind of time.

This morning they re-posted the position on avianation. So something's still going on. Can I assume that all the other apps are in the trash can(mine included)?

I will try to get you all some answers as soon as I can. I would say that round 2 will be a typical panel interview. They picked 6 applicants that the CP liked. Those 6 will go through the panel interview. If they don't like any of them, then they will start again from the beginning. If they want to hire one of the 6, they will send them on an overnight trip with a crew. If that works out, and the background check and drug test come back clean, then that person would typically be offered the job.

Each time a new position is posted, you must re-apply.

Ok, if you were not selected to interview you hear nothing (they have thousand of applications and cannot respond to every one). If you interviewed at any point in the process and were not selected you will get a rejection letter and phone call from the Chief Pilot once someone is hired. I hope this helps.

Ok, if you were not selected to interview you hear nothing (they have thousand of applications and cannot respond to every one). quote]

Sure they can respond to every one. The application process is online. They can easily send an automated email message. Just about every other company that has an online application process will send out an automated email stating that the app was received.

Ok, if you were not selected to interview you hear nothing (they have thousand of applications and cannot respond to every one). quote]

Sure they can respond to every one. The application process is online. They can easily send an automated email message. Just about every other company that has an online application process will send out an automated email stating that the app was received.

They give you a confirmation number (not an e-mail) to tell you the app was received (at the time that you submitted it). They do not tell you if your application was not selected for an interview. If you interview and are not selected you get a rejection letter and phone call from the Chief Pilot. Is that clear?

They give you a confirmation number (not an e-mail) to tell you the app was received (at the time that you submitted it). They do not tell you if your application was not selected for an interview. If you interview and are not selected you get a rejection letter and phone call from the Chief Pilot. Is that clear?

No, that is not clear. Many people are not getting the confirmation you are refering to. Is THAT clear?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back