• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

HOLY CRAP KC-135 fly by vid

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is a tactical procedure the French use when the fighting starts. At least we know where the fighting is, behind the aircraft.

That terrain looks like the craphole I was deployed to in Africa in 2003...lovely Djibouti. They had Mirages there...Frenchie pilots were good guys...invited us to their chow hall (how come other countries have great chow halls and we eat sh*t?) and one guy went to school in TX and surprised me when I found out he was a French Lt.
Anyway...the week after I left one of them flew right into the dirt on a night bombing run - target fixation. That terrain you see sucks at night - esp. low level, with NO vis due to sand/dust/no moon.....flying in a 2 ship of 130s at 300-500' and 200' in trail was..... less than fun....

The French and the Swiss seem to have a thing for making some really good aviation videos depicting fast movers...There was no more exciting place on earth than either a carrier flight deck or the bustling ramp of an Air Force fighter base...I sorely miss it.

It's not the video making, it's the skills !

Lotta fun but no big deal. Navy tanker pilots had to do it occasionally when a fighter had just enough fuel for one try at the deck.

It was quite a sight to see an A-3 "Whale" fly by in slow flight with his basket out to pick up a fighter who just boltered off the angle. It was gear-UP, flaps-UP, hook-UP, probe-OUT and plug in.

Lotta fun but no big deal. Navy tanker pilots had to do it occasionally when a fighter had just enough fuel for one try at the deck.

It was quite a sight to see an A-3 "Whale" fly by in slow flight with his basket out to pick up a fighter who just boltered off the angle. It was gear-UP, flaps-UP, hook-UP, probe-OUT and plug in.

Where's Guppygoshawk at? He can tell you all about current tanker ops at the boat.

I'm sort of going off on a tangent, but I was at the Little Rock Airshow earlier this month, and saw the Navy E-2C do their flyby demonstration. Pretty good, fellas! We were quite impressed. I'd love to see what they'd do when there are no FAA types around.

vive le france!

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0517428/M/

Note the carriers under the wingtips for stowage of the additional drag link refueling points. French like everything in 3-way and always 'down-low'. ;>)

If they flew up high like everything else, they might actually have to fight. Ergo, dust dawgs.

I do find it humerous the outerage cast in earlier posts. You must be the guy that never lets the hotel shuttle leave the airport until all crew are properly fastened securely within their safety belts. Come on. Live a little. Be adventurous and eat the oreo from the inside out!

100-1/2

I didn't see anything wrong with what they were doing...

I imagine Bud Holland would have liked it also. Too bad he's a burned pile of grisly remains.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back