• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

HOLY CRAP KC-135 fly by vid

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So they are on the deck, isn't that what you do when you land or takeoff! O cares! Have a bit of fun!

Hello,
Just viewed the video and the fin-flash is indeed French Air Force and the airplane KC-135FR. The French purchased 10 new-build KC-135As (KC-135F), and later re-engined them with CFM-56 engines. Looks like somewhere in Africa as I said before, probably Chad (French Congo). Be more impressive if they were towing along a Mirage 2000!

Hello,
Just viewed the video and the fin-flash is indeed French Air Force and the airplane KC-135FR. The French purchased 10 new-build KC-135As (KC-135F), and later re-engined them with CFM-56 engines. Looks like somewhere in Africa as I said before, probably Chad (French Congo). Be more impressive if they were towing along a Mirage 2000!

That would never happen - the Mirage would get a tickle on his frenchy RWR and would have been running away from the FEBA as fast as he could. The frog wouldn't know the first thing about HVAA protection.

The French really do a great job doing low-fly stuff for airshows and videos. Too bad they can't use their military equipment to win a war.

French. Chad. R-Model is quiet. Seems that Kaman beat me to all these answers, but I figured I'd agree anyway. That's how I get so many posts on FI.com.:rolleyes:

Sorry to steal your F.I. thunder RJP. I used to have to know all that "stuff" when I was in "Uncle Sam's Canoe Club" and a WTI. Scrappy really took me back a few years with all the abbreviations that I can still recall even after nearly 7 years. It seems like I remember the military stuff much better than the psi on the door snubber on the mighty beech 1900 that I fly now.
The French and the Swiss seem to have a thing for making some really good aviation videos depicting fast movers...There was no more exciting place on earth than either a carrier flight deck or the bustling ramp of an Air Force fighter base...I sorely miss it.

Regards,

ex-Navy Rotorhead (and USAF brat, Dad was USAF pilot 26 years; WWII, Korea and Viet Nam as a "civilian" for that airline no one talks about anymore)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back