Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Holy bonejob Batman, Jetblue pilots screwed again!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Obviously patience is not a virtue when it comes to getting something right. The delay caused by the JBPA drive is the cause of your impatience. How many times are you going to sign a new contract with amendments? I'd like them to hammer out the pay, benefits and work rules and sign one amendable agreement. What part of retroactive to June 1st don't you guys understand? You're like children. Them same irrational rant and raving you guys did before the JBPA election is not going to get you anywhere but in hack with your wives.

Look at Airtran, they're in their 3rd+ year of negotiations and now are under ALPA because NPA couldn't get it done for them. Now they'll wait a little longer until ALPA can get it done. I think I can wait until August, there is a timeline in the e-mail bozos... We all will get a good check at the end of the summer. Patience will prevail

Man this guy is a rod and a gullible one at that! Does he really represent what a senior A320 capt at JB is like? If so, I'm so so sorry...

This is in no way meant to be a slight against the JBLU pilots, but what did you think was going to happen the moment you voted down union representation; even an in-house union?

You've shown your full hand of cards to management. Voting down union representation is bad enough, but doing it by such a large margin shows management that the kool-aid drinkers there outnumber the pro-union guys by a large percentage. You guys have got to change that internally and I think you are well on your way to doing it. That is job #1.

We had the same problem at AirTran. But we changed perceptions by going one-on-one with individual pilots. We did that by getting organized underground. Management actually unknowingly helped us by committing a series of beyond-unthinkable stupid acts that caused our pilot group to unify more and more with each passing week.

Now we have ALPA. We have the resources, we have the lawyers, and we have the offensive. Things are more transparent now. People are held accountable. Everything is coalescing. Our dues rate even went down from what we were paying our worthless in-house union (NPA).

When the Jetblue pilots are ready to tackle this again, you may want to consider going with a global union with a lot of resources and deep pockets rather than a start-up, in-house union. I'm sure ATN and all of the other Major airline pilot groups of ALPA will come to help you, just like they did for us.

Obviously patience is not a virtue when it comes to getting something right. The delay caused by the JBPA drive is the cause of your impatience. How many times are you going to sign a new contract with amendments? I'd like them to hammer out the pay, benefits and work rules and sign one amendable agreement. What part of retroactive to June 1st don't you guys understand? You're like children. Them same irrational rant and raving you guys did before the JBPA election is not going to get you anywhere but in hack with your wives.

Look at Airtran, they're in their 3rd+ year of negotiations and now are under ALPA because NPA couldn't get it done for them. Now they'll wait a little longer until ALPA can get it done. I think I can wait until August, there is a timeline in the e-mail bozos... We all will get a good check at the end of the summer. Patience will prevail

You'd be over the top as a parody of a Kool-Aid swilling groveling sycophant.

It's official. The "pay adjustment" is set. We are officially industry average. Thank you to the unionized peer set that helped us achieve this. We'll see what happens next. BTW, I voted for JPBA.

Not a bad pay bump, 10% or so for A320 CA's, and up to 25% for other guys at the bottom of the scale, especially E190 F/O's.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]E190 F/O
1st year - 47.00
2nd year - 61.69
3rd year - 72.67
4th year - 78.76
12th year - 97.12
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]E190 CA
1st year - 124.32
2nd year - 125.90
3rd year - 127.49
4th year - 129.11
12th year - 142.83
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]A320 F/O
1st year - 47.00
2nd year - 68.54
3rd year - 80.75
4th year - 87.51
12th year - 107.92
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]A320 CA
1st year - 138.13
2nd year - 139.88
3rd year - 141.66
4th year - 143.46
12th year - 158.70
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]These ARE official, it will take 60 days to complete the automated software changes for pay purposes, but will be retroactive to June 1st (yesterday, when the original rates were supposed to come out).[/FONT]

From what I'm told, sick calls were up almost 450% today after that email came out (4.5 X normal sick calls), logbook writeups and resultant flight delays were through the roof, as well as cancellations from all of it, along with emails from hundreds of JB pilots to the guys working with management basically saying they were jumping on the ALPA bandwagon now.

Funny how things like that work... Glad to hear it turned out OK after a little "civil insurrection". :)

So pay went up..... what about the total comp package?

IOW, are jB pilots still getting 401K, medical, dental, etc... as if they were rampers, gate agents and FAs? No disrespect to these groups.... however their expectations are sometimes not as high....

Latest resources

Back