• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hold on tight

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
But wait...there might be more this week. And it's not CitationAir -- Kenn's moved on from that train wreck.

Perhaps he will announce a new pay package for his "family" that is on par with the competition - Netjets? We know his highest priority is to take care of his own.

:D

Now that I've heard both sides of the story, it looks like the IBT 1108 pretty much killed the CitationAir deal. Kenn wanted to take care of "his guys" (i.e. Flight Options pilots) but the IBT 1108 wanted to take care of the Fl Ops and CitationAir pilots since it represents both. No the 1108 simply pointed out to Kenn that he would breaking the law if he didn't integrate the lists. It was his decision his alone to do the deal or not. There would have been winners and losers under either plan, but Kenn would have made Fl Ops furloughed pilots the winners and all CitationAir pilots the losers. And then later, having learned that the 1108 doesn't stand up for it's members, he would have made all the FO pilots losers. IBT 1108 would have made some CitationAir pilots the winners, again it was Kenn's decision the IBT had nothing to do with it and the rest of the CitationAir pilots along with all furloughed and about 50 currently flying Flight Options pilots the losers.Kenn refused the IBT's offer to integrate the CA pilots by DOH because he wouldn't put about 50 currently employed Fl Ops pilots on the street under this plan. Really? Is that the BS they're feeding you in there? I guess you've never heard of fence agreements? I have to question why the Fl Ops MEC allowed it to prioritize non-Fl Ops pilots over its own members. That doesn't make any sense to me. That's because they didn't. And if you really believe that I think you're a little to "prone to trust" as Kenn would say.

I decided to go with the holiday font. I hope everybody enjoys...

Praetorian, does the Flight Options MEC represent the Flight Options pilots or the CitationAir pilots? I still can't figure out which group it wants to represent. 1108 just can't represent opposing interests.

Anyways, I'm not a manager. And if I told you about any deals not yet publicly announced, I'd have to kill you afterward. Killing is so messy, so I'd prefer not to have to do that. Hope you understand.

Praetorian, does the Flight Options MEC represent the Flight Options pilots or the CitationAir pilots? I still can't figure out which group it wants to represent. 1108 just can't represent opposing interests.

Anyways, I'm not a manager. And if I told you about any deals not yet publicly announced, I'd have to kill you afterward. Killing is so messy, so I'd prefer not to have to do that. Hope you understand.

That's ok I understand. I'll just wait for my union to pry it out of you in discovery.

Aero

There are 2 MECs.....one for CA and another for FLOPS. They should have taught you that in CGF. Slackers...

You may have some inside info on what KR is planning, but you obviously know nothing about union structure. The Flight Options MEC represents only the Flight Options Pilots. Kenn Didn't come to the Flight Options MEC, he went directly to the 1108 Executive Board, which runs the entire 1108 local, and oversees both the FO and CA MEC's. If he had really thought the LOA was a reasonable request, he could have gone directly to the CA MEC and asked them to sign the letter, yet he didn't, for obvious reasons. Even if the CA pilots were represented by another union, there is no way they would have signed that letter, so where is the real conflict?

No menntionn of Kenn or Floptions?????

CITATION CONTINUES TO BE TOP CHOICE WITH FRACTIONAL OPERATIONS
Brad Thress, Cessna senior vice president of Business Jets, says: Businesses conducting fractional operations continue to choose Citation business jets more often than any other brand of jet. Stated another way, there are more Citations in the installed fleet of fractional operations than any other business jet. We believe this is a great reflection on not only the dispatch reliability, safety record, and comfort of the aircraft, but is also a strong testament to the superior direct operating costs of our fleet.

NetJets has the largest private jet fleet in the world and announced the largest private aviation order in history in August of 2012. As part of that record-setting $9.6 billion agreement, NetJets ordered 25 new Cessna Citation Latitude aircraft with options for 125 more, with deliveries expected to start in 2016.

We have a long-standing, successful relationship with Cessna and we are delighted to be working with them on the NetJets Signature Series Citation Latitudes,? said Adam Johnson, NetJets senior vice president of Global Sales, Marketing and Service. The features of the Latitudes will help differentiate our fleet and provide our customers with the safety, service, reliability and efficiency they require, as well as expand NetJets overall fleet capabilities.

NetJets holds the distinction for being the world?s largest Citation jet operator. The fractional company's installed base of aircraft includes more than 50 Citation X aircraft, making NetJets the world?s largest operator of the Citation X. Cessna Citation jets outnumber the closest competing manufacturer in the NetJets fleet by a two-to-one margin.

JetSuite is the fastest-growing private jet charter company in the U.S. Based in Irvine, Cal., JetSuite is currently operating six JetSuite Edition CJ3 aircraft and intends to acquire two more refurbished Citation CJ3 aircraft by the end of this year. JetSuite CEO Alex Wilcox says: The Citation CJ3 allows us to operate with an extremely high level of confidence and efficiency. The Citation CJ3 demonstrates amazing performance without sacrificing on cabin comforts. When we can count on 98% mechanical dispatch reliability across our fleet, we are able to offer private, efficient and safe air travel to more people than ever before.

Executive AirShare is a fractional jet ownership company based in Kansas City, Mo. The company has seen a 20 percent increase in fractional ownership over the past year. The company has introduced three Citation CJ2+ aircraft to their fleet of business jets, offering comprehensive jet service from hubs in the central U.S. and the Great Lakes region. ?The Citation CJ2+ aircraft fit perfectly within our offerings, and meets our customers? needs for range, seating and speed in an impressive fashion,? says Bob Taylor, Executive AirShare founder and chief executive. In addition to fractional packages, the company also offers share leasing, an equity-building jet card program, and aircraft management plans.
_______

No mention of Kenn or Floptions?????
CITATION CONTINUES TO BE TOP CHOICE WITH FRACTIONAL OPERATIONS
_______

Looks like this was a Cessna news release, and they're only interested in companies that buy new airplanes. Options is now the 'value product' in the frax industry and won't be signing any orders for new airplanes. Those will go to the 'luxury product' in Kenny's portfolio, Flex, and they'll all be Bombardier products for awhile (you can bet that's in the deal). Kenn's team even tried hard to get out of the existing Embraer purchase contract when they came back, even though it was the only growing fleet in sales. The closest thing Options guys will see to new are 'newly remanufactured' Beechjets from Nextant. 'Value product' means that he can offer his planes (and his pilots) to the market at a 25% discount.

Looks like this was a Cessna news release, and they're only interested in companies that buy new airplanes. Options is now the 'value product' in the frax industry and won't be signing any orders for new airplanes. Those will go to the 'luxury product' in Kenny's portfolio, Flex, and they'll all be Bombardier products for awhile (you can bet that's in the deal). Kenn's team even tried hard to get out of the existing Embraer purchase contract when they came back, even though it was the only growing fleet in sales. The closest thing Options guys will see to new are 'newly remanufactured' Beechjets from Nextant. 'Value product' means that he can offer his planes (and his pilots) to the market at a 25% discount.

Not usually one to reply to my own posts, but look what popped up on AIN show news today:

Flexjet Doubles Orders for Bombardier Learjets
http://www.ainonline.com/aviation-n...21/flexjet-doubles-orders-bombardier-learjets

"Learjet aircraft is without a doubt an iconic product," said Ricci. "Significant customer demand has convinced us that increasing the size of the Learjet 85 fleet is not only necessary, but will give us a significant product advantage. With a modern interior, range capability and speed, the Learjet 85 will support our discerning clients and leave us uniquely positioned for our future needs."

Think we'll see an announcement that Options is buying 20 ragged-out XLs, or maybe the 'new' Nextant midsize product, bringing 'value' to the midsize market, a bit later in the week?

New ad campaign: Fractional value: Why pay full price when you can get the same plane (and crew) for 25% less

Remember, employees are the foundation of a service company.

Latest resources

Back