• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hold on tight

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That all sound very fair, until you look at the CS seniority list. Pilot # 12 on our list would slot in with # 300 on the Options list. CS pilot #30 would be slot in at pilot #400 on the options list. 85% of the CS pilots would fall in the last 20% of the Options seniority list. Teamsters merger policy, not fair or equitable to the CS pilots.

.....And Flight Options pilots would absolutely revolt if people hired YEARS later than them ended up being senior. Also not fair or equitable. As I stated earlier Teamsters policy is based on McCaskill-Bond, which is the law of the land.

Also like I said: Neither group will be happy.

Yes, but the law of the land is different depending on wether or not CS decertifiys the Teamsters. If we remain Teamsters we would get the shaft in a merger with Options. If we decertify, not so much.

So, we are going by date of hire!? So will the flight options pilot list be redone. As an RTA pilot I have lots of people above me that have a later date of hire!!!!

Yes, but the law of the land is different depending on wether or not CS decertifiys the Teamsters. If we remain Teamsters we would get the shaft in a merger with Options. If we decertify, not so much.

According to the lawyers last night, that's not true, the issue would be handled the same whether you are represented or not, thanks to M-B, as long as FO management didn't try to pull something underhanded on you, which you would have to fight in court.

Anyway, it's all speculative. Maybe FO will only purchase 49 percent of CS assets, and you will be on the street putting in apps with American Eagle instead of having to worry about the evil Teamsters.

Fresh Air, I find it hard to believe that you would be unhappy with a deal that places over 90 percent of CS pilots below the furlough line on a combined list.

So, we are going by date of hire!? So will the flight options pilot list be redone. As an RTA pilot I have lots of people above me that have a later date of hire!!!!

That question was asked. The Union has no interest in redoing our seniority list because they don't want to upset the original FO people who came out ahead on that one.

However that issue is one of many that will be considered in any merger situation, presumably to take in account the concerns of the original RTA pilot group.

Fresh air you need to read your contract and McCaskil-Bond. The Teamster position is the same in both cases but if we are not Teamsters, an arbitrator gets to decide and I guarantee you we will do better then DOH with fences.

Latest resources

Back