• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hold on tight

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Guys lets stop with all the rumors and falsehoods. Under federal law we have more rights as a non union group, than a member of 1108. I would guess if bought we will be operated separately like Flex Jet. With 1108 we will all be on the street, and that's a fact.

Don't think for once that KR and Directional Capital are out for your best interest. You are very naive if you do.

7&7, Sal is right that we would be better off with no union in the event of a pilot merger but wrong that we would be on the street. In a covered transaction, that is a sale that involves 50 percent or more of the assets, the Mcckaskill-Bond act takes effect. The Mcckaskill-Bond act states that in the event of a pilot merger with dissimilar/ no union, the merger will be via Allegheny Mohawk which would probably net us relative Seniority. In the event of two pilot groups with the same union merging, that unions merger policy will take effect. Teamster merger policy is DOH with fences. We would be slotted in with FO's furloughed pilots but still get to keep our seat. We could never bid another airplane, we would work every holiday, we would get our last choice of vacation, our first officer's would never upgrade, etc. What happens if our fleet goes away or is replaced? We don't know but my guess is a bump and flush.

http://thepilotsurveyor.com/2012/05/27/what-is-the-mccaskill-bond-amendment/

7&7, Sal is right that we would be better off with no union in the event of a pilot merger but wrong that we would be on the street. In a covered transaction, that is a sale that involves 50 percent or more of the assets, the Mcckaskill-Bond act takes effect. The Mcckaskill-Bond act states that in the event of a pilot merger with dissimilar/ no union, the merger will be via Allegheny Mohawk which would probably net us relative Seniority. In the event of two pilot groups with the same union merging, that unions merger policy will take effect. Teamster merger policy is DOH with fences. We would be slotted in with FO's furloughed pilots but still get to keep our seat. We could never bid another airplane, we would work every holiday, we would get our last choice of vacation, our first officer's would never upgrade, etc. What happens if our fleet goes away or is replaced? We don't know but my guess is a bump and flush.

http://thepilotsurveyor.com/2012/05/27/what-is-the-mccaskill-bond-amendment/

Under your hypothetical scenario, if FO chose to violate M.B. and you were un-represented who would challenge the company's decision and most importantly, pay for the litigation that would be required to overturn it?

I hear its expensive to go to federal court.

Pratorian,

(a) In the event that any dispute or controversy (except as to matters arising under section 9) arises with respect to the protections provided herein which cannot be settled by the parties within 20 days after the controversy arises, it may be referred by any party to an arbitrator selected from a panel of seven names furnished by the National Mediation Board for consideration and determination. The parties shall select the arbitrator from such panel by alternatively striking names until only one remains, and he shall serve as arbitrator. Expedited hearings and decisions will be expected, and a decision shall be rendered within 90 days after the controversy arises, unless an extension of time it is mutually agreeable to all parties. The salary and expenses of the arbitrator shall be borne equally by the carrier and (i) the organization or organizations representing employee or employees or (ii) if unrepresented, the employee or employees or group or groups of employees. The decision of the arbitrator shall be final and binding on the parties.

Pratorian, you are right. We would have to pay and chip in for a mediator. I guess we would have to weigh that against the cost of being shafted in a DOH scenario and all the hardship and financial loss that would bring. BTW the Teamsters could fix this and amend the merger policy. At this point, there is fire burning and the Teamster merger policy only adds gasoline to the fire. Question, do you think Cap. Dubinsky would have allowed a DOH merger when he was at United?

Really? Have you ever heard of a sell off? All that's required is a pt 135 certificate. It's gets a bit more complicated when the same parent company can sell off trips to it's "non-union sister operator" thereby taking money out of one pocket and putting it in the other. A strike would be bad for Flight Options but equally good for Flex while being neutral for the parent company. See the Rub?

Some are inferring that would be scabbing. I'm not sure that's true so long as the Flex pilot doesn't fly the Flops tail. Would a Delta pilot be scabbing if he carried a would be UA passenger who changed flights because of a strike?

I will start by saying I hope Flight Options pilots do well when all the dust settles. I'm not a fan of some of the nastiness that sometimes goes on between all our groups. I will also say that your last paragraph is spot on. A charter sell off to any different company is just that. To suggest what has been thrown around here is just ignorant.

Latest resources

Back