• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hold on tight

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Jetwash is spot on with how we all feel.

We use to be proud to be a Flight Options pilot because we were once the"industry innovators" and received industry standard pay. Now being told that we are the "value" option, and our pay shows it even though we do the same job as everyone else. How can we keep moral up when we made to feel like we are "less than" our sister company making $60,000 less. I trust our pay will eventually come up, but the question is, will it be done sooner because it is the right thing to do, or are we going to have to negotiate for it later.

It was not cool, a poor choice of words, and the optics are terrible. Not only for pilots, but for all personnel and...the owners.

As with most acquisitions, some inequities may exist in the short term, but this type of company can't survive with a two tier compensation arrangement and will most likely work out something sooner than one may think. It would be pretty lame if they haven't already considered this and have a plan that they will roll out as the dust clears.

Nobody will be completely overjoyed, they never are, but a balance with compensation will be struck.

And, what happens when Flops strikes and their non-union brethren are forced to fly the Flops trips or be fired?

I hope you understand the legalities of your operation better than that, we can not fly Options trips. Options owners are not a part of our interchange agreement. Of course most owners have multiple shares with multiple companies. We are still a separate company, so we cannot fly Options trips just like we can not fly Netjet trips with owners not a part of our program.

Yes, it was not cool for management to label us the "value option" and I'm sure in time, they will try to find a more proper way to phrase it. Because it will work against us to continue trying to give the same type of service as every other frac operator gives. If we feel that we are the "value" choice and our pay proves it, then some guys may feel justified in just doing the bare minimum because that is what they are paying for. I don't agree with that philosophy. Our passengers pay good money for our service and the value they get is only on the equipment used to fly them and not the professionals servicing them. Having that type of low self worth as a pilot group will only drive our customers away and then where will we be.

By what date will they tell you if they are going to extend your contract?

Cl300,
Googone is a blowhard, please don't listen to him. I am a CA pilot, and we are soon going to be decertifying the Teamsters. What a mistake it was voting them in. Us, (CA & Flex) will soon be un-union brothers and sisters. Can't wait for the day. Googone is trying to breath his smelly dragon breath on us, please don't take him as an example as the typical CA pilot. I'm looking forward to working with you and keeping our fractional industry alive.

I'm not a big fan of the Teamsters as well. But, I think trying to decertify them when there is a chance of merging in with Flops seems foolish. Without representation all of your seniority would be stapled at the bottom. Flex is different. They will operate as a separate company. I can't see CA still operating as separate. They will be merged into Flops. Since Flops is lacking a midsize plane it may only be the Sovereigns that would make the transition.

Wake up guys. Cessna/Textron is getting rid of the program. Look at the trend, ie. Raytheon and Bombardier. Your only hope is another fractional scooping up whats left. I don't see NJ doing that.

Kind of a similar situation in the 121 world where a parent company owns multiple certificates. We know how that's working out for all involved.

Hey Chief, I know it sounds messed up but if we have no union or a different union then the Teamsters, we get merged via Allegheny Mohawk which would probably be relative seniority. If we have the Teamsters we get merged via Teamster merger policy which is DOH with fences. In a DOH scenario we would get creamed as 3/5 th of their pilot group was hired prior to 2001.

Hey Chief, I know it sounds messed up but if we have no union or a different union then the Teamsters, we get merged via Allegheny Mohawk which would probably be relative seniority. If we have the Teamsters we get merged via Teamster merger policy which is DOH with fences. In a DOH scenario we would get creamed as 3/5 th of their pilot group was hired prior to 2001.

I don't know the Teamster merger policy but I'm certain you will get creamed without them. CA is slowly dissolving so your only hope is Flops picking up the pieces and including some of the pilots.

Latest resources

Back