• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hold on tight

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Jetwash is spot on with how we all feel.

We use to be proud to be a Flight Options pilot because we were once the"industry innovators" and received industry standard pay. Now being told that we are the "value" option, and our pay shows it even though we do the same job as everyone else. How can we keep moral up when we made to feel like we are "less than" our sister company making $60,000 less. I trust our pay will eventually come up, but the question is, will it be done sooner because it is the right thing to do, or are we going to have to negotiate for it later.

I think we'll have then answer when Options decides to extend the contract for the final year, or not. If they do the right thing and don't extend, they could offer a compensation package that brings the pilots at least close to industry standard. If they extend, they're clearly intent on wringing every last dollar out of the lopsided deal they pulled on 1108.

Personally, I'm not optimistic, knowing how much animus this management group has towards unions in general, and this 1108 leadership in particular. Even if Directional buys CS, or more likely the assets, they could easily split it up - the older airplanes going to Options, with a new order book from Cessna going to Flex (orders at a deep discount, just like I'm sure Kenn got from Bombardier to take Flex off their hands). Kenn's in this to make money, and you can be sure he's not risking much of his own money to get it done. But if he can take an opportunity to run the IBT out of town, or if not then screw them over, I think he'll take a little less profit to get it done.

On the single carrier lawsuit idea, I don't know if that's even possible given that Flex is not an air carrier.

Good luck to all the pilots who have to live through this as pawns in the game. My only advice is, if you're under 40, the airlines are starting to hire - go and don't look back. This side of the business isn't what it used to be, if it ever was.

Last edited:
Chief, I'm not anti-Teamster I'm anti-Teamster merger policy. I had the same viewpoint as you until I did some independent research. Google Mcckaskill-Bond act, it's the law of the land. Google FO seniority list. Log onto the ibt website and look at FO's contract. Don't be a lamb led to slaughter and do your own research as if your career depends on it, cause it does.

I hope you understand the legalities of your operation better than that, we can not fly Options trips. Options owners are not a part of our interchange agreement. Of course most owners have multiple shares with multiple companies. We are still a separate company, so we cannot fly Options trips just like we can not fly Netjet trips with owners not a part of our program.

Really? Have you ever heard of a sell off? All that's required is a pt 135 certificate. It's gets a bit more complicated when the same parent company can sell off trips to it's "non-union sister operator" thereby taking money out of one pocket and putting it in the other. A strike would be bad for Flight Options but equally good for Flex while being neutral for the parent company. See the Rub?

Some are inferring that would be scabbing. I'm not sure that's true so long as the Flex pilot doesn't fly the Flops tail. Would a Delta pilot be scabbing if he carried a would be UA passenger who changed flights because of a strike?

This. Accusing Flex pilots of being scabs for flying Flex trips on Flex planes is asinine.

Guys lets stop with all the rumors and falsehoods. Under federal law we have more rights as a non union group, than a member of 1108. I would guess if bought we will be operated separately like Flex Jet. With 1108 we will all be on the street, and that's a fact.

Guys lets stop with all the rumors and falsehoods. Under federal law we have more rights as a non union group, than a member of 1108. I would guess if bought we will be operated separately like Flex Jet. With 1108 we will all be on the street, and that's a fact.

Please support this?

I was vehemently against the union coming on property, yet feel that the only thing dumber than voting them in would be voting them out.

Latest resources

Back