Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flyinloki

R.I.P. Dan and Terry
Anyone looking to grow with a company ExpressOne a new rebirth of the former company is looking for a PA-31-350 Captain that will be based out of Minneapolis, MN for daily runs 5 days a week pay is 140 dollars a day and they will put you up in rooms for the day while waiting. Company is lookin to buy its Saab 340s within the next year and pay is really good. People at the office are great. If you seriously want a chance to grow with a company which is rare in aviation this is your chance. Whoever gets in now has a chance to jump right into the left seat of the Saab when they get on property. Serious investors are behind this company.

Mins- 1500 TT
250 multi or close
25 in type is a major plus
plus don't forget the basic 135 mins.

Routes start on April 4th but we have a second person to cover that route till they find someone.

PM me if your interested.

PM me when they get 727's again and I'll come back

Midnight Flyer said:
PM me when they get 727's again and I'll come back

Eheh, not sure when 727's will be back but they do own 5 of them that are in the boneyard right now but I don't think you want to fly one of those and they aren't gonna bring them back eiher. But they will have Saabs for sure :D But who knows they may grow back into a large turbine. Wouldn't that be nice :cool:

is this a check run or freight forwarding for ups, dhl, ect? Where is the run to?

flyinloki said:
Eheh, not sure when 727's will be back but they do own 5 of them that are in the boneyard right now but I don't think you want to fly one of those and they aren't gonna bring them back eiher.

Yeah, that would be nice if EOI could return to the way they were before they went under, but I doubt that will ever happen. You're right, their 727's that are parked in the desert will probably never fly for EOI unless the company finds a reason to get them back on their certificate, which I've heard takes a long time and is very difficult to do.

cargoflyr69 said:
is this a check run or freight forwarding for ups, dhl, ect? Where is the run to?

Currently their two runs that will be starting on April 4th are out of Anoka, MN which is 16 miles north of MSP int airport. The run is primarily wells fargo and whatever they are putting on board. The first route is ANE to Sioux Falls, SD to ANE and the second route is ANE to Fargo, ND to ANE. Leave early morning get back in the evening. They put you up in hotels for required rest at the outstation.

Midnight Flyer said:
Yeah, that would be nice if EOI could return to the way they were before they went under, but I doubt that will ever happen.QUOTE]

In actuallity their eventual plan is to return to either a Large Boeing twin Jet or Airbus twin Jet. The 727's WILL NEVER fly again. They are old and maitnence prone and would cost way too much to operate. That and they are only worth 350,000 now market value. Although the Saabs should be coming real soon within the next 6 months to a year and will be for UPS routes. I think this company has a chance and I like my odds. :D I just want to be part of something that could possilby be big and it looks like I found my spot.

BTW the company is not the same EOI it is run by new owners and new management personel and they still have alot of other stuff going on for profit other than the flight side. Basically its an entirely new company with only the name tying it to the old one.

flyinloki said:
In actuallity their eventual plan is to return to either a Large Boeing twin Jet or Airbus twin Jet. The 727's WILL NEVER fly again. They are old and maitnence prone and would cost way too much to operate. That and they are only worth 350,000 now market value.

You're right, EOI may never fly the 727 again, but if the investors take a look at all the costs involved, who knows, they may change their minds. I agree with you that the 727's are indeed cheap, but that's the beauty of them. Just think, "company X" can obtain a fleet of 727's for dirt cheap. The millions upon millions of dollars they save by purchasing 727's as opposed to buying a newer jet aircraft will offset the fuel and maintenance costs. Besides, mechanics that I know are always saying that 727 parts are alot easier to find than Airbus parts. I'm only guessing here, but how much is a used B767? I've seen some for 7-8 million. You can buy 10 727's (probably with the cargo door conversions already cut in them) for about 3.5 million (give or take). At 8 million for one 767, just 5 of them will cost 40 million (probably alot more just to get them cargo ready). For the difference in money you're saving by using the 727, you can operate a long time and still pull in a profit. Just look at all of the supplimentals using 727's still (Kittyhawk, express.net, TMA, Capital, Custom Air, Champion...even Fedex still flies them) They are cheap, I've heard that the engines are worth more than the airframes themselves.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back