Hiring one good pilot for ExpressOne

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Flyingloki:

So how much flying have you been getting a month over at the new Express One?

Express one has since packed it up and gone back to where ever they came from. They no longer exist in the midwest. Not sure but I don't think they even made it a year up here.

Actually there were Saabs. 2 of them with 2 more coming. This was last october. They were actaully sitting on the ramp staring at each other in Sanford, FL aquired from Shuttle America I believe. Two Bearskin pilots were trained on them at FSI, our whole maitenance staff was trained on them as well over at PanAm. They were just sitting their waiting to start routes.....and then the craziness with the Wyandotte tribe started. They wanted profits that they didn't deserve and wouldn't pay the leases that they agreed to on the planes. So it all fell through in the end which I suppose isn't the first failed deal ever in aviation. It had a good chance all that was holding us back was the money from the tribe. The first passenger route was ready and facilities were in place and proving runs had been done I believe. Anyway, EXO pulled out in Oct. of 2005 with the board of directors citing the reason being no proifts being made on the freight runs, and in fact a slight loss. Thats well and good because I made about 500 hours flying for them. I flew another job in a navajo for 5 months kinda parttime outta ANE before finding a new job which has been interesting thus far. Although EXO sold both the chieftains they had to Mokuele airlines in Hawaii. They actually just bought them back (because Mokuele is getting Caravans) this month and are working towards some kind of an air ambulence operation with them back up in the dakotas. Actually got a call from them a couple months ago with a job offer but I had to turn it down. Supposedly its a large contract for many aircraft but as far as I know they don't have many yet. So they are getting back into it. Their flight side was never as much of a priority as their ground service contracts for the government around the u.s., england and heavily in south america. Thats where they make their money. Well, if anyone wants to move up to the dakotas give them a call, they are looking for Chieftain pilots.

Last edited:
flynloki, cant say i'm surprised that it went down this way anytime you deal with intermediates and different tribes its hard at best. Good to see you got on with someone else and are finding the ops interesting.

Shame about the saabs though. Always a shame to see 2 perfectly good birds sitting on the ramp.

Latest resources

Back