• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hiring news for ASA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They are just trying to squeeze you again. They are trying to find your weak points, and a pilot furlough does scare a lot of pilots. I believe the VP of Marketing at Delta said that they were going to add back a bunch of capacity next year at Mainline, and I think that would apply at DCI also. I wouldn't worry too much about that. You are getting some new airplanes next year, right?

Bye Bye--General Lee:rolleyes: ;)

I'm not worried. I don't think it will happen, at least the furloughs. I would not be surprised if they let this leak out just to turn our screws a little. It flies in the face of everything SB has been saying at these State of the Company meetings.

sleepy said:
Here is some not so great news from an ASA IP in the crew lounge. ASA is about to cut the number of IP's in half. He also said they are looking to furlough 200 pilots.

I don't know this guy, and it was from the crew lounge, but it could just be a company ploy to pressure us on concessions.

If they are going to get rid of IP's, then they will probably not be hiring anytime soon.
BS. I've heard these guys talk about purposely starting a silly rumor in the crew lounge just to see how long it takes to get back to the GO. That could be what was going on, but the story is completely contrary to everything I've heard from multiple legitimate sources in the last 3 months.

That is BS

Some of our IP's are so out of the loop I would not be surprised if he believed what he was saying. The do not fly the line most of the time and some do nothing but siim and CPT then go home, If I had been with the company as long as some IP's and didnt care about daily news at ASA I could fall behind on the latest pretty quickly.

Maybe he was starting a cruel rumor and thought he was funny, I have seen some of those guys too.

Medeco

Old news!

The rumor of the number of IP positions being reduced was announced in Aug at an IP meeting. At that time, they (training management) was trying to determine how and who would be let go. We are way, way over manned in the training area. This is not something that was hard to figure out. Most of the E-120 IP's were brought on board which caused a glut. The fact is that we WILL be getting 15-70 seaters next year that will ultimately require approx 120 new positions. Subtract the number of IP's that return to the line and you will get the number of required new hires.

Bailout - contrairy to public opinion, those IP's do NOT get to pick their schedule or lines. I have numerous friends that are IP's and they get some pretty crappy schedules.

Medeco is correct. The IP who stated that is more than likely trying to cause trouble. He is probably going to be one of the ones that were axed. Personally, based on my past experiences with the RJ training department, there are numerous IP's that should have never been put into that position. They routenely forget what the I stands for in IP. They do need to clean house in that department. :eek:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back