• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hiring news for ASA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes, we are all in this together. It was not easy for the Comair pilots to take this stand on principle. In fact, several versions of a recall battle have surfaced that threaten their ALPA Status Reps and even the Group B EVP.

But, pilot wages really do not make a very significant difference at our level, because, like it or not, our wages are not very significant to begin with. Delta says they are looking for an 8 million cost reduction - that is less than 1% of the $1,000,000,000.00 more Delta pays their pilots than American pays theirs.

Comair's and ASA's rates are not significantly different at the current time. ASA's management says our rates are uncertain because we are in bargaining, but I can assure you our pilot group is not giving anything up.

ASA's growth continues to be constrained by two factors. First, the CRJ700 limit negotiated by ALPA for the Delta pilots and Second, ramp space in Atlanta.

As ATL mainline operations start coming back (a very good thing) some of the short term leases on gates used by ASA have to be returned to mainline. Last year it was disappearing E120's, in 2004 we can look forward to disappearing parking spaces and longer days as airplanes are scheduled to keep them out of ATL.

Good luck to all, but if I were in the pool I think I would try for Skywest or another airline with better growth potential.

~~~^~~~

Tim47sip

Your guess on the crj700 routes are a bit off from what SB said yesterday at the "State of the Company" meeting.

I do believe, with you, that we may fly more west coast, but for now the majority of that flying will be upgrades.

Medeco

For those of us who were not able to attend the "State of the Comany" meeting, can you give us a quick run down on what our fearless leader had to say?

Young'n

Hey, just found this place from a friend. I am a graduating senior from Purdue University. I will be heading down to Atlanta this summer for an internship somewhere in flight ops. Do you guys know any of the interns around, I am sure they enjoy the job, and do you guys know of any hiring benefits afterwards? Its exciting to hear you guys talk of hiring again. I know I am the last man on the totem pole, but I kid can dream can't he.

~commanchepilot

Those are the questions you should have asked before you took the internship.

I had quite a few interns in my newhire class a few years ago. They were all good people, and all made it through training. They all had real low time, but you get an interview if you complete the internship.

You will get the chance to sit through ground school on some of our aircraft, and also get some sim time, so there is no excuse for not passing the interview. PM RJCapt, a bunch of interns live in his crash pad, maybe he can get your questions answered.

HAH!

Thats great, I'm rolling on that one.

Great CRM! He(captain) should teach the class. In fact they all 3 should.

Medeco

Here is some not so great news from an ASA IP in the crew lounge. ASA is about to cut the number of IP's in half. He also said they are looking to furlough 200 pilots.

I don't know this guy, and it was from the crew lounge, but it could just be a company ploy to pressure us on concessions.

If they are going to get rid of IP's, then they will probably not be hiring anytime soon.

Wow comair didn't even pressure with that c=rap. If they were gonna furlough they'd have done it a long time ago. What a bluff, don't buy it..

Are all the brasilia's retired?
You guys are still getting planes in 2004 aren't you? 70's?

>>Here is some not so great news from an ASA IP in the crew lounge. ASA is about to cut the number of IP's in half. He also said they are looking to furlough 200 pilots. <<

I would not doubt that they are going to cut the IPs in half. They are way overstaffed now that the EMB transitions are over. We were slightly fat before, and now we have twice as many because most of the EMB IPs switched over. I knew something was going on when I actually saw an IP doing a really short nap the other night. (maybe a former IP now??) These guys to get pick their trips, and they dont pick naps!
Sounds like you heard a disgruntled, soon to be former IP, mouthing off.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back