Hired at Pinnacle!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Whitestoneclimb said:
And we wonder why the airline pilot profession is going down the crapper. Airline management knows there is an endless supply of yahoos who "just want to fly a jet" and will do it for next to nothing. A few years from now, this same guy is going to be complaining about how bad the job is, the low wages, the time away from base, blah blah blah. But, you know what, the next 1000 hr yahoo is lining up to take the job. Just remember, you're flying a JET!!!! BFD

You could be flying a big fat prostitute on a couch in your Mommas house, but Im sure that stupid ol jet has takin up much of your time. You should just quit and start looking in the classifieds for a better job....maybe one that pays better than flying that "BFD" jet! Please do quit so us lowtimers can lowball your salary and make the industry worse since its all the lowtimers faults! It has nothing to do with 9/11 at all.

Spinplate said:
You could be flying a big fat prostitute on a couch in your Mommas house, but Im sure that stupid ol jet has takin up much of your time. You should just quit and start looking in the classifieds for a better job....maybe one that pays better than flying that "BFD" jet! Please do quit so us lowtimers can lowball your salary and make the industry worse since its all the lowtimers faults! It has nothing to do with 9/11 at all.

You have a lot to learn and talk a lot of $hit for a guy who has no experience whatsoever in the industry. I really hope you go work for Mesa or Pinnacle so I can ask you what you think of your life a year from now. Good luck. You'll need it.

RP170 said:
You have a lot to learn and talk a lot of $hit for a guy who has no experience whatsoever in the industry. I really hope you go work for Mesa or Pinnacle so I can ask you what you think of your life a year from now. Good luck. You'll need it.

Ive been in the industry for almost 10 years now, just not flying! I know what I want and where Im going. I can look beyond the BS that your gonna find at any regional knowing that the regionals isnt my career job. Im just pointing out that some of you that post in here are so frickin conceated and spoon fed little bitches that you cry over a sometimes crappy work environment. Ive done my research to see which one Im gonna take and I know I will learn $hit myself when I actually start somewhere that I might not be happy with, but every job is like that. If someone came out of High School while mommy and daddy paid for their schooling and flight training and THEY went on to a regional, yeah!, then they would cry because they actually have to work for a living. So be it! I LOVE IT! Im on call 24/7 right now so the regionals will be alot better that!

Spinplate said:
Ive been in the industry for almost 10 years now, just not flying! I know what I want and where Im going. I can look beyond the BS that your gonna find at any regional knowing that the regionals isnt my career job. Im just pointing out that some of you that post in here are so frickin conceated and spoon fed little bitches that you cry over a sometimes crappy work environment. Ive done my research to see which one Im gonna take and I know I will learn $hit myself when I actually start somewhere that I might not be happy with, but every job is like that. If someone came out of High School while mommy and daddy paid for their schooling and flight training and THEY went on to a regional, yeah!, then they would cry because they actually have to work for a living. So be it! I LOVE IT! Im on call 24/7 right now so the regionals will be alot better that!

Wow! You've been in the industry since you were 6 years old? Congrats on getting on with a regional at the age of 16. Man, they are hiring them younger and younger nowadays. Save your posts for when you mature and actually understand what you are talking about.

RP170 said:
Wow! You've been in the industry since you were 6 years old? Congrats on getting on with a regional at the age of 16. Man, they are hiring them younger and younger nowadays. Save your posts for when you mature and actually understand what you are talking about.

Your frickin idiot man! What makes you think Im 16? I have 1600TT you moron! All I have to say is ..... How much $$ did you make flying the J41? Probably $hit because your are piece of one. See it doesnt make sense for me to judge you as a person/pilot just because you flew a Jetstream does it? Im sure it was a stepping stone for you and it was great experience flying that beast. Why mess with people when they finally get on with a regional? Im sure you were pissin in your pants to even find out that you were going to be flyin that J41 back then. Go moan and grope to your co-workers who always seem angry. People who arent happy doing what they want to be doing should just kill themselves.

Spinplate said:
Your frickin idiot man! What makes you think Im 16? I have 1600TT you moron! All I have to say is ..... How much $$ did you make flying the J41? Probably $hit because your are piece of one. See it doesnt make sense for me to judge you as a person/pilot just because you flew a Jetstream does it? Im sure it was a stepping stone for you and it was great experience flying that beast. Why mess with people when they finally get on with a regional? Im sure you were pissin in your pants to even find out that you were going to be flyin that J41 back then. Go moan and grope to your co-workers who always seem angry. People who arent happy doing what they want to be doing should just kill themselves.

I just respect guys that have more experience than me is all. A lot of us have been through some really hard times in this industry lately and to see a guy like yourself coming in and acting like you know everything and own the industry, I feel, is disrespectful. That attitude won't be dealt with once you start flying the line with senior guys. I suggest checking it right now before you start.

RP170 said:
I just respect guys that have more experience than me is all. A lot of us have been through some really hard times in this industry lately and to see a guy like yourself coming in and acting like you know everything and own the industry, I feel, is disrespectful. That attitude won't be dealt with once you start flying the line with senior guys. I suggest checking it right now before you start.

Heres the thing! I dont have an attitude towards people, I do howerver dislike it when people talk crap to low time pilots and act like they are hurting the industry. If you cant rely on that low time person sitting next to you then who is not getting the respect? Thats great that you have experience, but look back through the threads and you'll see who starts the crap! Its usually higher timed pilots wanting to spit out negative crap! I have nothing against you or anyone in here, as a matter of fact, many of the guys in here have helped me tremendously with their insight to each company. Those guys I respect and thank, but some of you guys can be pretty brutal and you might not thinks its anything, but whats the last thing someone wants to hear after they just got a job offer from an airline? Thats it RP!! Nothing else!

never again

I dont think im ever going to post on here again. Its pointless. Anything i say will just be laughed at or it will start world war 3 again. thanks to the people who did congrat me. To all you other people who are bitter at life and hate your jobs, maybe you are the reason the industry is the way it is today. If you hate your job, quit, no one is making you stay. Im going to go to pinnacle and make the best of it. Any job that you start in this world in any profession sucks at first, why do we expect any different? At least we can say that we have a nice view. Go ahead and make fun of this post if you want, sure i have low time and im a rookie, but i dont care. What do you guys want me to do, go instruct for 1000 more hours, is that going to make me a better pilot? I dont think so.
So enjoy your crappy jobs everyone, cause i am going to love mine.

Chicagopilot22 said:
...go instruct for 1000 more hours, is that going to make me a better pilot? I dont think so.

The fact that you "don't think so" is part of your problem. It absolutely would. However, since you have no concept of why, nor apparantly what is involved in being a "better pilot", then I guess hopefully at some point you will learn.

You go boy!

Let me put it to you this way. EVERYONE, and I mean EVERYONE of us was overjoyed when they got their first airline job. The problem is that the "shiny jet syndrome" wears off, and then you're stuck with sh*tty pay, trying to raise a family, own a home, and maybe have a toy, but you can't. Why not? Because of every other guy coming into this industry with the "I love flying so much, I'd do it for free" attitude. What I would hope you would get out of this is to take everything with the grain of salt - from the whiners to the hardcore koolaid drinkers. The answer is in the middle. You'll eventually form your own opinion. Then get involved with your union... help out. You just might make a difference.

Once again, congratulations on your new job. Keep some of these points in mind, and come back in a year or two and tell me you still have the same attitude.

Chicagopilot22 said:
I dont think im ever going to post on here again. Its pointless. Anything i say will just be laughed at or it will start world war 3 again. thanks to the people who did congrat me. To all you other people who are bitter at life and hate your jobs, maybe you are the reason the industry is the way it is today. If you hate your job, quit, no one is making you stay. Im going to go to pinnacle and make the best of it. Any job that you start in this world in any profession sucks at first, why do we expect any different? At least we can say that we have a nice view. Go ahead and make fun of this post if you want, sure i have low time and im a rookie, but i dont care. What do you guys want me to do, go instruct for 1000 more hours, is that going to make me a better pilot? I dont think so.
So enjoy your crappy jobs everyone, cause i am going to love mine.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back