• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

High time Falcon 20

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I still think they all fly the same as far as feel goes regardless of how much time they have on them. Now the Learjet on the other hand....

High Time Falcon 20s

It took a bit of diggin around but ... MSN 016 had 26,821.8 hours/29,370 cycles in 1995 when AMF sold it to Sierra West Airlines. Sierra West later sold it to a Dallas operator who landed it in a soy bean field outside of Kansas City.

TransMach

I still think they all fly the same as far as feel goes regardless of how much time they have on them. Now the Learjet on the other hand....
I second that!

Proves nothing, may kill you

They haven't been rolled as much as the Lears.
Rolling an airplane proves nothing, if done properly it does not put any undue stress on the airplane, look at the famous 707 initial fly by tapes. However, as stated above if you do not have proper training you can easily kill your self. A short story I am in my solo stage training in the T-34, I have a total of 20 hours flight time, I have been trained in loops, precision spins, Immelmanns (sp.?), and barrel rolls, but no aileron rolls. I elect to do an aileron roll, because I am such a hot Navy pilot. I push the stick over to the left and the T-34 starts rolling, the nose falls through and I am screaming toward the ground at over 6,000'/min, VSI was pegged. Being low time and inexperienced, I pull back on the stick, the Gs' start building, my vision goes from color to black and white, to pin holes to black out. I can hear the scream of the air going by, but I cannot see. I am pulling close to 6G's without a G-suit. I remembered from Aviation Physiology class that if you reduce the G's your vision would come back, so I ease the stick pressure off and I can see again, I finally level off at about 1,500' I started at 5,000' Thanks goodness. I never told anyone about this for probably 15 years. My big worry was one of the VT-1 traffic cops might have seen me do an unauthorized maneuver and I could be in big trouble. When I landed, the plane Capt. meet the airplane and ask about squawks, I had none, he then looked at the G-meter it read 5.75 G’s, close to the 6 G limit, he asked what happened. I said I pulled out of a spin too quickly. He said no big deal, cut the safety wire, reset the G-Meter and walked away. I have never did another aileron roll in my life until given proer instruction. As I said it proves nothing except you are stupid.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back