• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

High time Falcon 20

Gearmonkey

Total Time
Just having lunch with the guys and we were wondering what the highest time Falcon out there is right now? Any up around 40k?

We have 2 coming up on 33,000 hours, the best 2 a/c in the fleet IMHO, D models, former FedEx birds.

cherry20's

Registered FI Abuser
Total Time
I think the highest time Falcon at Cherry Air was a little under 29k...

TransMach

Total Time
>12K
High Time Falcon 20s

I sold MSN 016 in 1995 ... at the time it was the fleet leader with more than 32,000 cycles and just 30,000 hours. The operator we sold it to passed it on to a Dallas, Texas operation who landed it in a soy bean field outside of Kansas City ... if memory serves. I've heard it was put back into service.

TransMach

PUNISHER

You got any tinfoil?
Total Time
4000+
Good birds

We have 2 coming up on 33,000 hours, the best 2 a/c in the fleet IMHO, D models, former FedEx birds.

I always like it when a old FedEx salt comes up and says "I remember that plane, used to fly it when I was your age 30 years ago"
That always puts things into perspective. Massive Fail lol.

metrodriver

No jobs anymore in here??
Total Time
lot
Ameriflight sold one in 98 that was said to be the highest time F20 at that time. Also an ex Fed-ex bird. For some reason I remember it had quite a bit more hours on it than 30 or 40k

TransMach

Total Time
>12K
That's the airplane I was talkin about.

TransMach

Way2Broke

Total Time
I just wish there were more Falcons getting alot of time put on them these days.

pilotyip

Total Time
I don't think I ever saw one at USA Jet over about 22K

Gearmonkey

Total Time
I still think they all fly the same as far as feel goes regardless of how much time they have on them. Now the Learjet on the other hand....

TransMach

Total Time
>12K
High Time Falcon 20s

It took a bit of diggin around but ... MSN 016 had 26,821.8 hours/29,370 cycles in 1995 when AMF sold it to Sierra West Airlines. Sierra West later sold it to a Dallas operator who landed it in a soy bean field outside of Kansas City.

TransMach

stupidpilot

Registered Moron
Total Time
Alot
I still think they all fly the same as far as feel goes regardless of how much time they have on them. Now the Learjet on the other hand....
I second that!

pilotyip

Total Time
Proves nothing, may kill you

They haven't been rolled as much as the Lears.
Rolling an airplane proves nothing, if done properly it does not put any undue stress on the airplane, look at the famous 707 initial fly by tapes. However, as stated above if you do not have proper training you can easily kill your self. A short story I am in my solo stage training in the T-34, I have a total of 20 hours flight time, I have been trained in loops, precision spins, Immelmanns (sp.?), and barrel rolls, but no aileron rolls. I elect to do an aileron roll, because I am such a hot Navy pilot. I push the stick over to the left and the T-34 starts rolling, the nose falls through and I am screaming toward the ground at over 6,000'/min, VSI was pegged. Being low time and inexperienced, I pull back on the stick, the Gs' start building, my vision goes from color to black and white, to pin holes to black out. I can hear the scream of the air going by, but I cannot see. I am pulling close to 6G's without a G-suit. I remembered from Aviation Physiology class that if you reduce the G's your vision would come back, so I ease the stick pressure off and I can see again, I finally level off at about 1,500' I started at 5,000' Thanks goodness. I never told anyone about this for probably 15 years. My big worry was one of the VT-1 traffic cops might have seen me do an unauthorized maneuver and I could be in big trouble. When I landed, the plane Capt. meet the airplane and ask about squawks, I had none, he then looked at the G-meter it read 5.75 G’s, close to the 6 G limit, he asked what happened. I said I pulled out of a spin too quickly. He said no big deal, cut the safety wire, reset the G-Meter and walked away. I have never did another aileron roll in my life until given proer instruction. As I said it proves nothing except you are stupid.

Last edited:

Gearmonkey

Total Time
They haven't been rolled as much as the Lears.

Oh yeah, I guess I never thought of that. I thought it was just because they are just crappy homebuilts!