• Friendliest aviation community on the web
coogebeachhotel said:
200000 yr Investment Banker

200000/52 weeks yr=3846 Week

3846 Week/90 Hrs week(Average On WS)

=$42Hr=No Thanks

-Expensive Wife,Private Schools,Prozac,Cardiologist,Thearpy

Excellent point.

got a friend in nyc who does that..just got a 100000 dollar xmas bonus...high blood pressure...smokes...3 cell phones ringing all the time...unbelievable stress...but he does have 5 cars ..two boats ..a house at the jersey shore..apartment in nyc and a house in upper saddle river...a guess there is a tradeoff

CaptainMark said:
got a friend in nyc who does that..just got a 100000 dollar xmas bonus...high blood pressure...smokes...3 cell phones ringing all the time...unbelievable stress...but he does have 5 cars ..two boats ..a house at the jersey shore..apartment in nyc and a house in upper saddle river...a guess there is a tradeoff

That's great, but....what do you need 5 cars for? I have a nice ride, but I'm not sure what the heck I'd do with 5 nice rides. I can understand 2 boats, though! Any bets his wife is bangin' her tennis pro? "But, honey, he's so much more fun than you and has TIME for me!!"

MAGNUM!! said:
That's great, but....what do you need 5 cars for? I have a nice ride, but I'm not sure what the heck I'd do with 5 nice rides. I can understand 2 boats, though! Any bets his wife is bangin' her tennis pro? "But, honey, he's so much more fun than you and has TIME for me!!"

Couldn't agree more. I never have understood what the hell anyone does with a 10 bedroom house, or 5 cars, etc. etc. Nothing is more precious to me than my time. Keep your money if you're expecting me to work 80 or 90 hours a week and be stressed out all the time. I'm more interested in enjoying my life. :)

CaptainMark said:

Yeah,maybe...but at what price? You're health? Betcha he has no time to enjoy all the toys given the demands of the job. No thanks

PHXFLYR:cool:

<ding> <ding> <ding> Last two points on the money. Toys don't mean jack. Life satisfaction comes from family and friends, and the TIME to be with them.

Studies have shown over and over that while Lotto winners believe a big win will make them happy, and it will for a short period of time, their happiness baseline reasserts itself, and now they are miserable with a lot of expensive crap. The only way to modify your happiness baseline is with interpersonal relationships.

It is better to be rich than poor, but it is better still to be poor and happy with a full circle of friends and family, than a rich jerk with an antique car collection.

If you think the "High pay and Glam" part was funny. Check out the link next to that artical labeled " sexiest job"

#1 Firefighter.......no shock.

#2 Flight attendant? they must not be talking about the ones at the regionals!! 7 legs a day, dealing with people freaking out because they are on a puddle jumpin prop plane, Freezin in the winter, and sweetin like a ceo in court in the summer (No APU). all for 17k a year....now thats sexy. I suppose they do go to glamerous destinations.....like Pellston, MI!

and how does Lawyer fit on this list?

Latest resources

Back