• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

High Glam High Pay = Airline Pilot

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The pay ain't what it used to be. Glamour exists only as an echo of generations past.

But still...

We have this and other forums dedicated to the concept of flying airplanes for a living. I'll bet tax attorneys don't check W2info.com every friggin day during their time off to catch the latest rumor and hyperbole in their industry.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
However, the fact that one job is more glamorous than another doesn't necessarily mean it pays more. The high demand for certain glamorous jobs may even mean that the company will pay less, due to a large pool of applicants. This creates a 'glamour discount' in the marketplace, the potential that you will be paid a little less in return for the opportunity to call yourself something glitzy like a fashion designer.

I can't wait to see the term "glamour discount" bandied about by management.
[/FONT]

Joe Leonard thinks pilots are not special. The public thinks we're glamorous. I'm SOOOOO confused... ;) TC

guys I believe that article was written in 2000. No matter how cynical you are things were pretty glamorous in 2000. Back then SWA pilots were considered underpaid and most people didn't think twice about working for FedEx....

Green said:
guys I believe that article was written in 2000. No matter how cynical you are things were pretty glamorous in 2000. Back then SWA pilots were considered underpaid and most people didn't think twice about working for FedEx....

Not to be picky but the reference on the salary chart showed 2006. That might just be when that chart was assembled??

And who is thinking twice about working for FedEx???;)

Latest resources

Back