• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

hey westies, thanks for the mail....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Are you telling me that the majority of AWA folks were hunky dory with their airline, thinking that was the last stop of their career, and didn't have apps in anywhere else? I doubt that.

I did.. In 04 things were great. Hired on with a GROWING airline and didn't have to commute anymore. I was a happy camper ready to hang my hat. Only lasted 9 months until the merger was announced. :(

obviously sarcasm isn't taken very well via my written word. I was trying to echo, the thoughts of TWA there. Just the point the previous poster made about someone having an app some where or whatever..... How the hell does that have any bearing on anything considering the shape of this industry post 9/11. I.E. if any of us were THAT smart, then NONE of us would be in this industry.

... 'vette project is dead. Turned out the frame had been hacked, Might be able to save some of it, but basically looks like p.o. fabricated some contraption to the rear end of the front of the vette frame. Guess it was eaten away or damaged or some sort, but not what we were hoping for...

Well um um um you don't understand.

Listen, explain to me how digging up a post on an app question from 6 years ago is some kind of "trump" to my original post. Was that the best you guys could come up with? Calling me out for applying to AWA in back in 2003/2004 when I was a Dash8 commuter pilot 12 months before the merger was even announced. Not to mention years before your coveted Nic "award". yeah like that has never been tried/done before, a commuter pilot with pic time trying to move onto a mainline jet operation, go figure. You guys really solved the case, you got me.

What was "your rubber and I'm glue" not available or something.

Last edited:
Listen, explain to me how digging up a post on an app question from 6 years ago is some kind of "trump" to my original post. Was that the best you guys could come up with? Calling me out for applying to AWA in back in 2003/2004 when I was a Dash8 commuter pilot 12 months before the merger was even announced. Not to mention years before your coveted Nic "award". yeah like that has never been tried/done before, a commuter pilot with pic time trying to move onto a mainline jet operation, go figure. You guys really solved the case, you got me.

What was "your rubber and I'm glue" not available or something.

Lear;
We "westies" find it interesting because had AWA interviewed and hired you, you would have had 3-4 years of service in PHX/LAS and would unfortunately been furloughed out of seniority (based on the Nicolau award). You would have had the support of the PHX based pilots while you were out, and NO support from USAPA (unless of course you had been a member in good standing....and I doubt much support at that). You would have been out for a year or better, and then welcomed back to PHX with open arms. While you awaited your recall in PHX, you would have received a letter from the company to fill E190 FO slots in PHL (4-5 year pay, 12 month lock in equipment, 18 month east lock, AND THE USAPA LINE THAT YOU WOULD BE PLACED BELOW ALL THIRD LIST EMPLOYEES SENIORITY.) How would you have felt about the brochure that was mailed to the east pilot group then?

USAPA was born as a means to evade the Nicolau Award (at any and all costs). The courts will decide the case, and I think ultimately the Nicolau Award will be the final seniority for a joint contract. What will the east have won? Delay, and only delay. When this is over the pilots will have lost MILLIONS of dollars in wage, benefits, contract improvements, and additional time off. Conversely SSM&P will have made MILLIONS of dollars, and LLC & the LLC Management will have reaped huge amounts of cash (Isom just cashed in 1.2 Million in stock the other day).

You can not put the kids through college with a wallet full of delay. The time has come to unseat the USAPA team for "change" and get a contract while times are good. Failing to do so, will ultimately get us parked. Trying to hijack the profit sharing will get that money "parked" as well (think interest free loan for the company).

Regards.

Latest resources

Back