• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

hey westies, thanks for the mail....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
yeah, hit me where it hurts, applying for a job back in 2004 - six+ years ago. Plus the guy is wrong anyway. Never interviewed and am not a 3rd lister.

Oh, I never said you were a third lister. You are a CEL guy and have made that quite clear.

I was just curious about all the hate toward the west. It's obvious that you didn't see a future at Airways prior to the merger. I doubt you would be such a follower of the USAPA gospel if you were hired by AWA in 2004.

Yes, Nicolau didn't agree with the AAA argument that you were an active mainline pilot while at MDA and should be placed in front of the AWA pilots.

Yes, the AWA Merger Committee was wrong to ask that the CEL pilots be removed from the master list.

Regardless, you ended up with a mainline number flying mainline equipment without filling out an application and interviewing while most of your wholly-owned colleagues did not have that luxury.

I was just curious about all the hate toward the west. It's obvious that you didn't see a future at Airways prior to the merger. I doubt you would be such a follower of the USAPA gospel if you were hired by AWA in 2004.

In '04 who knew where the industry was turning. I'm sure he was looking at anything that was a step up from where he was.

Are you telling me that the majority of AWA folks were hunky dory with their airline, thinking that was the last stop of their career, and didn't have apps in anywhere else? I doubt that.

I'd probably be right that the majority of the seniority list at AWA was hunkered down in their current position, waiting out to see where the industry would turn, hoping to jump ship once the majors started hiring again. (sorta like what half your list did in the late 90's /2000)

So I guess since some AWA guys probably had apps in at Jblue or SWA etc...they didn't see AWA having that great of a future?

says the man who was gunning for awa in 2004. Since you received an awa application and were fretting over the best way to fill it out, i'm thinking the chances are high that you interviewed. Back then, almost everyone who returned an application was invited to interview.

So, how did it go?

If you need a refresher -----> http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?t=33920

hhhhhhaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!

You have the support of all pilots- senior and junior. The AOL west babies don't get it! Stay strong, support your union and stand behind Mike Cleary. When we get date of hire you will never have to be worried again about furlough!

Sure about all the support? Watching the two recalled pilots on the CLT crewnews it's clear they're desperate for improvement. The guy even said he's at the bottom of either list so he doesn't care which list is used.

The Angry FO's who couldn't find a better job in the last 10 years are the ONLY ones supporting this criminal organization. Why don't you ask your fake union to stop fighting the Declaratory Judgment every step of the way and actually COOPERATE with the other parties to get to a resolution?

Why is USAPA the only party to this that DOESN'T WANT TO HEAR THE ANSWER?

Could it be the Seham knows exactly how big a lie he's sold you dopes? Does he see the gravy train coming to an end? Who knows. I do know this:

If you didn't bring a job to this abortion, I got a red swingline with your names on it...so did Nic.

Well AWA was about the only game intown (plus maybe JB and SWA) back in 2003/2004.

I never got to interview, the person that checked on my app in the Fall (or abouts) of 2004 said I was in the short stack on Tracey's desk but then Jan of 2005 came first and I guess you know the rest.

Well um um um you don't understand.

In '04 who knew where the industry was turning. I'm sure he was looking at anything that was a step up from where he was.

Are you telling me that the majority of AWA folks were hunky dory with their airline, thinking that was the last stop of their career, and didn't have apps in anywhere else? I doubt that.

This kind of talk (from either side) makes me crazy. Who had an app in or interviewed with which airline is completely irrelevant. Nicolau understood the situation when he wrote:

Of considerable importance is the question of career
expectations. As previously stated, America West argues that the
career expectations of the US Airways pilots were nil; that if the
airline was not a failing carrier saved from certain liquidation by its
purchase by America West, it was so close as to make little difference.
On the other hand, America West, in the view of its pilots, was robust
and on its way to sustained achievement. The US Airways pilots argue
that neither description fits the facts. In their view, US Airways,
though in bankruptcy for the second time, had lowered its costs and
secured additional investment capital ensuring its survival and
prospects of emerging from bankruptcy. Beyond this, as shown by
repeated post-merger statements by America West's CEO and by
expert analysis, that airline was also in poor financial condition.
Thus, both airlines needed each other and both have benefited from
the merger. The US Airways pilots assert that this, as well as cases it
cites as precedent, argue for the proposition that the financial picture
of the two airlines was relatively the same and, as such, should not even be considered.

Our view is that neither picture is persuasive. The US Airways reliance on post-merger statements by America West's CEO, clearly made to assuage growing concerns of America West pilots who had seen a post-merger end to hiring, an increasing return of long furloughed US Airways pilots and a flattening in their own advancement, is misplaced. Equally so is America West's insistence that US Airways was about to disappear. Yet, it cannot be disputed that there were differences in the financial condition of both carriers and that US Airways was the weaker. This necessarily means that career expectations differed and that US Airways pilots had more to gain from the merger than their new colleagues.

The important thing to note being the Nicolau didn't try to make predictions of the industry's future. He only looked at the snapshot which is what ALPA Merger Policy calls for.

You have the support of all pilots- senior and junior. The AOL west babies don't get it! Stay strong, support your union and stand behind Mike Cleary. When we get date of hire you will never have to be worried again about furlough!

Yeah, because staying strong and smashing your heads against a brick wall has worked so well in the past. You wouldn't negotiate with the company so a judge handed you a forced BK contract. You wouldn't negotiate with the west on seniority so a judge handed you a seniority list. Are you all gay? It appears the only way you guys like something is when it's shoved up your @ss.

I'd probably be right that the majority of the seniority list at AWA was hunkered down in their current position, waiting out to see where the industry would turn, hoping to jump ship once the majors started hiring again. (sorta like what half your list did in the late 90's /2000)

So I guess since some AWA guys probably had apps in at Jblue or SWA etc...they didn't see AWA having that great of a future?

Craze;
In 2004 AWA was ratifying a new post-9/11 contract. Given the conditions of the post-9/11 airline economy you could rightly classify it as "industry-leading". AWA was the first major airline to fly after 9/11, and we were the first major airline to bring back all furloughed pilots. In 2004 we were hiring like crazy (pun intended), upgrading pilots @ 6-7 years, getting new Airbus equipment, and expanding. I don't think there were that many that were looking to jump ship at that time.

Were people looking at JBlue, Virgin, CAL? Perhaps. Of those three I know we had a couple go to CAL (for that 2 year captain upgrade). There are some people in this industry that simply flit around from airline to airline chasing a better quality of life / wage.

I'm sorry that we didn't interview LearLove in the beginning (and many others). We have a bunch of former US Air pilots that left there to fly at AWA, and it's a great bunch of people.

Regards.

PS How's the Vette project going?

Latest resources

Back