Hey Russian,,,,

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Maybe I was not clear on my point.
I'm sure it was reported by Gulfstream, just seems the local Fed group might not be reporting it higher up the food chain. Fewer reported problems, fewer inspectors from Okie City.
And, I have to wonder about the nose wheel. Sure, sometimes bearings shatter from sudden overload, but a wheel bearing that is properly inspected and lubricated should never sieze and fall off the axle.
Normally, that is just bad maintenance, pure and simple.

In no way am I blaming the crew, I doubt the best prefight in the world would have caught it. Same with the issue you had last week. Kudo's to you for working it out. But, how long before the tail gets rigged wrong, or the spar crack (ala Chalks) just gets overlooked??

Hung

Maybe I was not clear on my point.
I'm sure it was reported by Gulfstream, just seems the local Fed group might not be reporting it higher up the food chain. Fewer reported problems, fewer inspectors from Okie City.
And, I have to wonder about the nose wheel. Sure, sometimes bearings shatter from sudden overload, but a wheel bearing that is properly inspected and lubricated should never sieze and fall off the axle.
Normally, that is just bad maintenance, pure and simple.

In no way am I blaming the crew, I doubt the best prefight in the world would have caught it. Same with the issue you had last week. Kudo's to you for working it out. But, how long before the tail gets rigged wrong, or the spar crack (ala Chalks) just gets overlooked??

Hung

Yeah, I see your point. As a representitive of my company, all I can say is that I hope we take the right direction towards proper maintenence of our fleet. And, that our technicians remain vigilant to solving mechanical problems.

Latest resources

Back