• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Hung Start

Just the cleanup guy
Hey Russian:

Was that a Gulfsteam 1900 that lost a nose wheel in Key West? First, you had a problem going into FLL with the Embraier, now a Beech looses a nose wheel? What's going on with maintenance??
In fairness in reporting, they just gave the tail number of the plane. Might not be a Gulfstream A/C, but it did leave FLL., so I'm curious.

Hung

So what? NWA lost a nosewheel in a DC-9 in MDW a few years back. Does that mean they're a crappy operation? Cheap shot at gulfstream. Get over it.

Come on, JP:

There is still a much ballyhoo'd thread about The Russian having a nose gear problem last week.
I was just asking a question about IF it was Gulfstream. And, I ask because on the FAA website, it does not mention the name of the carrier, which is highly unusual. It just gives a tail number, and that is registered to Raytheon Leasing.
So, it looks like a bit of a hush-hush job, maybe it is, maybe it isn't.
And, like I said, I don't even know if it is Gulfstream.

Maybe it isn't and someone over there would like to clear it up.

Hung

Come on, JP:

There is still a much ballyhoo'd thread about The Russian having a nose gear problem last week.
I was just asking a question about IF it was Gulfstream. And, I ask because on the FAA website, it does not mention the name of the carrier, which is highly unusual. It just gives a tail number, and that is registered to Raytheon Leasing.
So, it looks like a bit of a hush-hush job, maybe it is, maybe it isn't.
And, like I said, I don't even know if it is Gulfstream.

Maybe it isn't and someone over there would like to clear it up.

Hung

Oops, musta missed that one. Sorry.

I was just asking a question about IF it was Gulfstream. And, I ask because on the FAA website, it does not mention the name of the carrier, which is highly unusual. It just gives a tail number...

http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.search?front=yes&s=1&keywords=N47542

That's a Gulfstream plane.

The caption on the first picture is priceless:
[FONT=ARIAL, Helvetica, Geneva][FONT=ARIAL, Helvetica, Geneva][FONT=ARIEL, Helvetica, Geneva][FONT=ARIAL, Helvetica, Geneva]N47542 The FO is hanging on for dear life![/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

Hey Russian:

Was that a Gulfsteam 1900 that lost a nose wheel in Key West? First, you had a problem going into FLL with the Embraier, now a Beech looses a nose wheel? What's going on with maintenance??
In fairness in reporting, they just gave the tail number of the plane. Might not be a Gulfstream A/C, but it did leave FLL., so I'm curious.

Hung

I never heard about anything. We are getting so big, that I miss stuff sometimes. Our gowth is also affecting our ability to maintain the fleet. With Bombardier across the field, we cannot keep people. The pay is much better elsewhere. It is too bad really. Got a bigger hanger that we can lease?

Latest resources

Back