Hey Russian,,,,

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The caption on the first picture is priceless:
[FONT=ARIAL, Helvetica, Geneva][FONT=ARIAL, Helvetica, Geneva][FONT=ARIEL, Helvetica, Geneva][FONT=ARIAL, Helvetica, Geneva]N47542 The FO is hanging on for dear life![/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

I would be scared too at 250 hours...

So what? NWA lost a nosewheel in a DC-9 in MDW a few years back. Does that mean they're a crappy operation? Cheap shot at gulfstream. Get over it.

Big difference between NW losing a DC-9 nosewheel (100 or so in the fleet) and Gulfstream losing one (20 or so flown).

[FONT=ARIAL, Helvetica, Geneva][FONT=ARIAL, Helvetica, Geneva][FONT=ARIEL, Helvetica, Geneva][FONT=ARIAL, Helvetica, Geneva]The FO is hanging on for dear life![/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

Where? I don't see anyone on the tail.

Report created 2/2/2007 Record 1 **
********************************************************************************

IDENTIFICATION
Regis#: 47542 Make/Model: B190 Description: 1900 (C-12J)
Date: 01/31/2007 Time: 1416

Event Type: Incident Highest Injury: None Mid Air: N Missing: N
Damage: Minor

DESCRIPTION
ACFT ON LANDING ROLLOUT, NOSE WHEEL CAME OFF AND ACFT CAME TO A STOP ON THE
TAXIWAY, PASSENGERS DEPLANED VIA STAIRS, NO INJURIES REPORTED, DAMAGE IS
UNKNOWN, KEY WEST, FL

INJURY DATA Total Fatal: 0
# Crew: 2 Fat: 0 Ser: 0 Min: 0 Unk:
# Pass: 9 Fat: 0 Ser: 0 Min: 0 Unk:
# Grnd: Fat: 0 Ser: 0 Min: 0 Unk:

WEATHER: VFR

OTHER DATA
Activity: Business Phase: Landing Operation: OTHER

Departed: FORT LAUDERDALE, FL Dep Date: Dep. Time:
Destination: KEY WEST, FL Flt Plan: IFR Wx Briefing:
Last Radio Cont:
Last Clearance:

FAA FSDO: SOUTH FLORIDA, FL (SO19) Entry date: 02/01/2007

I didn't start this to dump on Gulfstream, I was just miffed that the local Federali's "seem" to be doing a friendly cover job. THAT is not a business flight, that is an Air Carrier operation.
And, that nose wheel that didn't lock for The Russian should have been reported also. Don't seem to be able to find it.
I don't blame Gulfstream, hell, I wouldn't want to brag my mistakes or misfortunes. But, another exmple of the Fed's playing in somebodies pocket.
Some poor shmuck who makes a honest mistake might get hammered, but a player with some influence gets a pass (or two or three).
Not right in my opinion.

Hung

I didn't start this to dump on Gulfstream, I was just miffed that the local Federali's "seem" to be doing a friendly cover job. THAT is not a business flight, that is an Air Carrier operation.
And, that nose wheel that didn't lock for The Russian should have been reported also. Don't seem to be able to find it.
I don't blame Gulfstream, hell, I wouldn't want to brag my mistakes or misfortunes. But, another exmple of the Fed's playing in somebodies pocket.
Some poor shmuck who makes a honest mistake might get hammered, but a player with some influence gets a pass (or two or three).
Not right in my opinion.

Hung

Woundn't be the first time. The feds in the ATL CMO (ASA and Delta) are totally in managements back pocket. They teamed up over ASAP and never got back out of bed. Now, some mtc issue happens and the pilots get thrown under the bus for taking it, not the company.

It was on the news all day that day and the day after. It was reported to the Feds.

I got the scoop on the nosewheel incident today. Apparently the nosewheel bearing seized and melted into two pieces. This allowed the nosewheel to come clean off the strut and hit the prop. The prop didn't like that, so it bent. Not a good day for that crew.

Latest resources

Back