Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hey Pals, is USAir BEGGING for a merger? Seems like it.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Like what happened in 2005? Possibly. Let's wait until it's within days of liquidation again and see which smaller yet solvent airline picks it off.

You and your "they were days from liquidating." Being from TWA you should know better. TWA was "going out of business next week," for years.

If you were so solvent why has the West been the side that's shrinking??

You and your "they were days from liquidating." Being from TWA you should know better. TWA was "going out of business next week," for years.
Reality clashes with your revisionist view of history.
If you were so solvent why has the West been the side that's shrinking??
Do you know what 'solvent' means? I could tell you but you'll learn it better if you look it up yourself. After you look it up you'll see how your question doesn't make sense.

Can I have an AMEN to that!!!

Yes, USAir will "merge" all right, the east to a major- PHX to Republic. Enjoy your relative seniority boyz!

Hi Job stealer:
Looks like the only thing US Air east has done for the industry is to keep pay rates down.
Congrats on that!
Now get back to the kitchen and make MCDU some dinner.

Hi Job stealer:
Looks like the only thing US Air east has done for the industry is to keep pay rates down.
Congrats on that!

And don't forget those pay rates where accepted by ALPA. Yes, the pilot group ratified them, but under the gun that ALPA was holding at their heads. Sounds familiar?.

Yes, the pilot group ratified them, but under the gun that ALPA was holding at their heads.
Curiosity is getting the better of me so I gotta ask: what 'gun' are you referring to? I'm dying to know how ALPA forced the US Airways pilots to vote for a contract. Do you think ALPA was also on that grassy knoll in Dallas back in '63?

(And for the record, I don't think the US Airways pilots had much choice. When your company is in bankruptcy you'll give concessions or they'll be forced on you anyway. Of course, they could've gotten a shiny new contract back in 2007 but instead threw a tantrum that continues to this day.)

AA has had, what, some 20 years of labor strife. C'mon, there's gotta be some compatibility there. Whenever I hear my colleagues complaining about how bad things are over here I tell them at least we're not at AA. (and yes, I still have an AA seniority number)

IF/WHEN Mr. Nic does the SLI for US/AA - which seniority number are you going to request him to use? AA, AWA, US, DOH, Ratio, first day you decided you wanted to be an airline pilot?????????

When he gives you an answer - please let us know, so I can send him a request also! :) I have a few different seniority numbers too!

Metrojet

Hi Job stealer:
Congrats on that!

Listen you RJ driver, you don't need to keep embarrasing your self. Are you accusing me of stealing a lowly AWA job? HA HA Get real. They are the bottom of the barrel for so many years- who would ever envy what they have. Nobody, except maybe an jr pilot like you. Seems you have a lot in common mr RJ pilot.

IF/WHEN Mr. Nic does the SLI for US/AA - which seniority number are you going to request him to use?
Metrojet
If such a merge should come to pass the arbitrator won't be concerned with pilots like me. Just like the furloughed AAA pilots who were hired at AWA, the higher of the two numbers will be the keeper.

Listen you RJ driver, you don't need to keep embarrasing your self. Are you accusing me of stealing a lowly AWA job? HA HA Get real. They are the bottom of the barrel for so many years- who would ever envy what they have. Nobody, except maybe an jr pilot like you. Seems you have a lot in common mr RJ pilot.

Drink much?

Latest resources

Back