Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hey Pals, is USAir BEGGING for a merger? Seems like it.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Curiosity is getting the better of me so I gotta ask: what 'gun' are you referring to? I'm dying to know how ALPA forced the US Airways pilots to vote for a contract. Do you think ALPA was also on that grassy knoll in Dallas back in '63?

(And for the record, I don't think the US Airways pilots had much choice. When your company is in bankruptcy you'll give concessions or they'll be forced on you anyway. Of course, they could've gotten a shiny new contract back in 2007 but instead threw a tantrum that continues to this day.)

If they can't blame ALPA for every single problem in their lives, they might be forced to look in the mirror and actually accept some RESPONSIBILITY for their own actions. ALPA is the perfect boogey man and the universal fall guy for all East Pilots. USAPA will fix all of it. So far, they've done a remarkable job of destroying the lifetime earnings of all pilots they "represent".

USAPA will fix all of it. So far, they've done a remarkable job of destroying the lifetime earnings of all pilots they "represent".

Not true. You are making a reference, I believe, to the fact there is no contract in place. In the end if the East is able to upgrade and move up the list as their sides older pilots retire, then USAPA will have been successful in protecting the pilots they represent.

Not true. You are making a reference, I believe, to the fact there is no contract in place. In the end if the East is able to upgrade and move up the list as their sides older pilots retire, then USAPA will have been successful in protecting the pilots they represent.

Funny. I and 1600 of my closest friends pay USAPA for fair representation. How exactly is it that they are protecting all the pilots that they represent, when apparently delay is the end game? If they chose to not take our dues, and then screw us......then I might get it. USAPA is comprised of a bunch of mean little children bent on taking their ball and going home.

This will eventually end. When it does end (in which ever way it does), be assured that USAPA and the pilots that support the USAPA agenda will be the poster children of the term "pariah" in the commercial aviation industry.

Yeah and SWA, APA and republic pilot groups all are the nice ones looking out for the other minority. Just ask Morris, Reno , TWA , Midwest or ATA pilots. They would have been thrilled if DOH was the gold standard like USAPA
has in it's constition and by laws.

M

Yeah and SWA, APA and republic pilot groups all are the nice ones looking out for the other minority. Just ask Morris, Reno , TWA , Midwest or ATA pilots. They would have been thrilled if DOH was the gold standard like USAPA
has in it's constition and by laws.

M

Another lob of sour grapes.

St. Happenin = The patron Saint of USAPA

Can't you just hear the East pilots if they were to merge with American, "I was hired by Piedmont in 1982 and that gives me the right to be Number 200 on the B777!".

Well said...very well said!

:)

What an abortion that whole bunch is....

Remember when UAL wanted to get in bed with USAir and have anal sex?

You had the former Piedmont guys telling their USAir bothers and sisters that they should FULLY expect to take all 12 inches up the poop-shoot, like they had to take it when they were assimilated!

That's some brotherhood over there....

What a bunch!

be assured that USAPA and the pilots that support the USAPA agenda will be the poster children of the term "pariah" in the commercial aviation industry.

They already ARE.

So what's in it for the guys that are already captains? I guess they are just happy to sacrifice a $40,000 to $50,000 raise so a junior guy can upgrade.

I guess so, Guppie. Sounds like brotherhood to me. Imagine, pilots looking out for other pilots, in this case the bottom half of the USAir list which has lacked any real representation for decades under ALPA. You will lose this fight, because we are united.

I guess so, Guppie. Sounds like brotherhood to me. Imagine, pilots looking out for other pilots, in this case the bottom half of the USAir list which has lacked any real representation for decades under ALPA. You will lose this fight, because we are united.

No you are not. You are US Airways, the combined merged airline of America West Airlines and US Air. I'm sure you wish you were United, because the furloughed guys could all be dreaming of the Boeing 777 captain positions that DOH would entitle you to.:laugh:

Latest resources

Back