• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hey Falcon 10 Guys

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am sharing information. The Falcon 10 is a turd, plain and simple. Yes, it was a great airplane in the 1970's but if you're considering buying one in 2013 you obviously don't have enough money or sense to buy a jet airplane.

I am sharing information. The Falcon 10 is a turd, plain and simple. Yes, it was a great airplane in the 1970's but if you're considering buying one in 2013 you obviously don't have enough money or sense to buy a jet airplane.

But with his 6 aircraft owned, don't you understand that the newer ones ate him alive while the older ones didn't?

You guys would hate me also then. I not only like the DA10 but the Sabreliner 65! Typed in both and would recommend either depending upon the mission profile.

What makes you think I was talking about you?

So, after 20 to 30 years of bouncing around Aviation and in and out of your mom's basement between jobs while you "regroup" an old/good friend comes to you for your stellar advise and counsel; says he wants a $1M to $1.5M Value MAX (for tax purposes - your brain is too small to understand) and an annual operating budget of $300k for 100 to 150hrs...fly 3 to 5 people faster than 450KTAS in/out fields Lears cant go; You get to put the deal together, make your own wage and run the thing for 3-5 yrs while the owner bangs out the depreciation...

...your answer is: hey dickhead, why dont you go get yourself some more money, come back to me and we'll go get a 'real' airplane???

That is why your career aptitude is limited to a parabola not unlike the surface of the Earth and firmly planted to it.

100-1/2

Last edited:
Why not ask him why the need to go faster than 450? What sort of range is he talking about? Is the speed a perception thing? Does he understand that a delta of 30 knots, for example, only means a few minutes on a 600 nm trip? What runway lengths is he talking about? Thought of a good Citation III (470KTS)?

...your answer is: hey dickhead, why dont you go get yourself some more money, come back to me and we'll go get a 'real' airplane???

100-1/2

No, I wouldn't call him a dickhead. I would advise him to keep his King Air because that's probably all he can really afford at this time.

says he wants a $1M to $1.5M Value MAX (for tax purposes - your brain is too small to understand) and an annual operating budget of $300k for 100 to 150hrs...fly 3 to 5 people faster than 450KTAS in/out fields Lears cant go; You get to put the deal together, make your own wage and run the thing for 3-5 yrs while the owner bangs out the depreciation...

I have doubts about whether you can do the required maintenance on a 35+ year old Falcon for 300K per year let alone pay other DOCs and fixed costs for 100-150 hours in a two pilot jet. If he is serious about the 450Kt min, look into an older Premier. You'll probably still be well North of the 300K operating budget, but you'll be a lot closer than you would be with an old Falcon 10.

The reality is the budget your owner is suggesting is not realistic for the parameters he's giving you. If you want to do him a service, get Conklin and Dedecker numbers and put together a realistic budget, or better yet, suggest a more suitable airplane. It sounds to me like he'd be better served with a King Air or more appropriately, an older Pilatus.

And, just FYI, there is no way a Falcon 10 ever catches a Citation X at 370 under any circumstances short of an engine failure. You're always going to be pulling the TLA's back soon after leveling at FL370 in a X, or you will quickly be blowing through the M.92 Mmo. Either you don't know the difference between a X and an XLS, or you're playing it a little loose with that story.

Latest resources

Back