• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

100-1/2

OVER-N-DUN!
Late Model FA10 TFE731 with 2C Engines

Have a client that likes the plane size and speed over lears.

Sea-Level 3700' grooved runway with no obstructions.

Pilot Pucker factor/Pax Comfort level for 2 Pax very light
luggage on 1hr legs +NBAA Reserve Fuel??? Have other
semi-inconvenient airport options available. Weighing #'s
and doing everything I can to stay out of C-low-tations.

Wise guys keep your comments and judgmental throne-
theory to yourself.

looking for honest first-hand experience only.
thanks in advance.

100-1/2

Sounds like he should wait until he has enough money to buy a jet that's not obsolete.

Sounds like he should wait until he has enough money to buy a jet that's not obsolete.

Well to be fair, he did say late model. So it could be from 1989. That is only what 24 years old? Should be easy to find parts. I am sure it is a great deal.These older jets are very economical to purchase and maintain. A real bargain. Only a fool would purchase something built in the 21st century.

/sarcasm

Thanks Ultra.

"Wise guys keep your comments and judgmental throne-
theory to yourself." ???

/Sounds like he should wait until he has enough money to buy a jet that's not obsolete./

You mean like a Citation 10/xls??? I recently heard one of you rusty old guys btch to ATC when denied FL410. "Got a Falcon 10, over-taking you by 50 knots in about 10 minutes." said the controller who laughed uncontrollably over the air when the old guy spouted off "How about a climb to FL430 in 10 minutes or less?" "He really poured it on then; Sir, you just got to 370. Don't you need like 30 minutes or something, to accelerate for that kind of climb? Its on request."

"obsolete"?? pretty sure that is your sphincter muscles running overtime on a fool's uncontrollable outburst? I have 11 cars of varying ages between 10 and 50 years old. I have spent half as much money (and found parts no problem) on my cars that are 2x as old (and had them 2x longer). I have owned 6 aircraft from 35 to 10 years old of similar cabin class/performance and had the newer aircraft eat me alive by a 30% greater margin than the older aircraft BEFORE CONSIDERATION OF ACQUISITION COSTS.

"/sarcasm"? isn't it time you moved out of your mom's basement? or are you still paying on that loan for the giant 6lb watch you "bought" yourself for making SAAB Captain at Silver Airways or whatever they call themselves this year?

1 out of 4 viable responses plus an affirmation of the disappointment potential knew I was engaging. Not bad? Almost a direct sampling of the population that say Obama is a worthy and effective leader???

Thanks for the entertainment. Your mothers should be proud of the aeronautical savants inhabiting their dojos.

100-1/2

100 1/2 you are quite correct with your assertions that a 24 year old airplane is not out of the ring and a Falcon 10 is certainly quite an airplane and a good pick for someone wanting to enter the jet market on a budget, intelligent too I might add. There are lots of available spares for the aircraft and you wont even have to hunt them down, the suppliers will come to you.

Thanks Ultra.

"Wise guys keep your comments and judgmental throne-
theory to yourself." ???

/Sounds like he should wait until he has enough money to buy a jet that's not obsolete./

You mean like a Citation 10/xls??? I recently heard one of you rusty old guys btch to ATC when denied FL410. "Got a Falcon 10, over-taking you by 50 knots in about 10 minutes." said the controller who laughed uncontrollably over the air when the old guy spouted off "How about a climb to FL430 in 10 minutes or less?" "He really poured it on then; Sir, you just got to 370. Don't you need like 30 minutes or something, to accelerate for that kind of climb? Its on request."

"obsolete"?? pretty sure that is your sphincter muscles running overtime on a fool's uncontrollable outburst? I have 11 cars of varying ages between 10 and 50 years old. I have spent half as much money (and found parts no problem) on my cars that are 2x as old (and had them 2x longer). I have owned 6 aircraft from 35 to 10 years old of similar cabin class/performance and had the newer aircraft eat me alive by a 30% greater margin than the older aircraft BEFORE CONSIDERATION OF ACQUISITION COSTS.

"/sarcasm"? isn't it time you moved out of your mom's basement? or are you still paying on that loan for the giant 6lb watch you "bought" yourself for making SAAB Captain at Silver Airways or whatever they call themselves this year?

1 out of 4 viable responses plus an affirmation of the disappointment potential knew I was engaging. Not bad? Almost a direct sampling of the population that say Obama is a worthy and effective leader???

Thanks for the entertainment. Your mothers should be proud of the aeronautical savants inhabiting their dojos.

100-1/2

Well good luck then. Cars = Airplanes. Feel free to report back about this stellar purchase. Next time you will get nothing but tummy rubs from the commenters about this wise purchase. Buthurt is strong in this one. I am sure your anecdotal evidence of a fictional conversation between crew and ATC will seal the deal with your "client."

Latest resources

Back