• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

He's perfect for the regionals!!!!!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The funny thing is that that was every one of us. Not one person flight insrtucting or flying some crap 135 job said:

"I am not going to COEX unless I bank 60K a year as a first year FO!"

In hindsight, we can all say we messed that one up. But we don't really have a choice anymore, now do we? You cant even get a starting 91/135 gig that pays over 30K unless you have 4000 hours. And that has to be mostly turbine time. Where are you gonna get that? The 17K a year regionals.

What a vicious cycle.

mamba20 said:
I say send him to Mesa. . . that'll shatter his dilusions like non other.

Oh hell yea i'll take him!!! I wonder how he will like Brownsville Texas as a base. I'll fire somebody yesterday to make room for this gem!

Ease Up!

Captain Happy said:
Just reading this makes me want to cry. What has this industry become? This kid thinks he has the right to be in the left seat at 23, WOW. Good Luck!

Uh, there are lot of young 121 captains out there (24,25). Mostly, they're not crashing. (self at 25 and proud of it - before you flame, it was a crud airline in a 1900... but 121 nonetheless JUST LIKE your RJ,A380 or 747. The airline was cruddy before I arrived and it's still cruddy I'm sure.)

This poor kid getting bashed IS THE FUTURE of our business. Yes, like the EMB190 and the CRJ-900!! Educate him/her. Don't rip him/her.

You were once 18 and wishing you could fly a 747. You would have given a nard to have a chance. This kid is no different.

Am I the only one who get a little nervous when dead heading and the crew makeup is like this post? Captain that looks like he will be carded for a beer for the next 10 years, and FO filling out there voters registration card.

FreightNazi said:
copied from another board....

TheProfessionalPilot vbmenu_register("postmenu_4129", true);
On Reserve

http://forums.airlinepilotcentral.com/images/icons/icon5.gif ExpressJet and Chautauqua, and timing a wedding/timing my job
I am a 20 year old flight instructor in Fort Pierce, FL. I am about to start a program that will get me through to either Express Jet or Chautauqua. The program holder is RAA (Regional Airline Academy). Does anybody know anyone that commutes during their reserve period for either Chaut or Express Jet? I live in the PBI/FLL and willing to be (MCO) based areas. I REALLY want to get on w/ Chautauqua because they have two bases right next door to me (FLL/MCO). But if things are roses at Express Jet (EJ?) then I will most likely bite the bullet and pay my dues away from home. The problem is this: Like most are aware, being a single man is pratically the only way to survive the first year.... I am engaged and plan on getting married Feb 1st.... any and all input on whether to get married first, then try to get on w/ chaut or express jet, or should I get on w/ one of them first then try to get married? I have a feeling getting married after getting a job w/ one of them would nearly be impossible.

Any input on Chautauqua? I am very close to starting a program w/ RAA that will supposedly let me "skip" the 23 minimum age rule (I'm 20). I want to hear the good/bad/ugly about Chautauqua, the fair word on them. I have heard nothing but good things about Express Jet. So how about Chautauqua?

What does anyone think of RAA (Regional Airline Academy)? Any word on how legit RAA is as far as their claims that I will be able to bypass the 23 year age limit for Chautauqua? Or does anyone have their recruiting number so I can call PERSONALLY and ask if they will honor such a claim. I feel that I am at a cross-roads in my life... and I need to make the right decisions to make everything work out in the long run. I dont CARE about hourly pay.... I care about where I live and as long as I am going to get Capt. when I turn 23, then I have 2 1/2 years waiting to be one anyhow due to age on the ATP! Anyhow, please fill me in guys/gals. I really appreciate the help and support.
Best Regards,
Jason Leonard
A guy who wants to do it RIGHT.
http://forums.airlinepilotcentral.com/images/statusicon/user_offline.gif
Do you plan on upgrading anytime soon at XJT or CHQ? Go do it right sport!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You and the likes of you SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!

FlyingFerris said:
Am I the only one who get a little nervous when dead heading and the crew makeup is like this post? Captain that looks like he will be carded for a beer for the next 10 years, and FO filling out there voters registration card.
Then don't get on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sam Snead said:
Uh, there are lot of young 121 captains out there (24,25). Mostly, they're not crashing. (self at 25 and proud of it - before you flame, it was a crud airline in a 1900... but 121 nonetheless JUST LIKE your RJ,A380 or 747. The airline was cruddy before I arrived and it's still cruddy I'm sure.)

This poor kid getting bashed IS THE FUTURE of our business. Yes, like the EMB190 and the CRJ-900!! Educate him/her. Don't rip him/her.

You were once 18 and wishing you could fly a 747. You would have given a nard to have a chance. This kid is no different.

No, I choose to rip on him/Her!!!!!!!!!!, you politically correct douchebag!

20 years old, getting married, wants to be captain by 23. I am more amazed that he is so committed that he must be married at 20. Guy cannot even drink yet (legally). Wow, what is he thinking that young! Hope he gets out of Florida before he is divorced!

Latest resources

Back