Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

TurboHonda

Here's my prediction for FLOPS

Ricci was on the premises when the RIFs occurred. Does anyone really think he had no control over it?

Now Sheeringa is gone. Bad Michael. Michael is gone, but his policy remains.

Ricci arrives with his phony assed toothy grin. He throws some food at the pilots and hires back the 70 that he helped fire. I haven’t forgotten the 128 non pilots. But, management and support was top heavy and needed to be trimmed anyway.

Now Ricci is personally negotiating in good faith. Well, maybe.

Ricci will eventually reach a stalling point in negotiations. The mediator will release us to self help.

A strike will never happen. Between the kool-aid crowd, the crew meal fat bodies, and those just happy to have a job (or their job back), we’ll return to the days of the CULTure.

Are we smart enough to see through what’s happening? I don’t think so.

Prove me wrong. Please!!

Last edited:
Ricci was on the premises when the RIFs occurred. Does anyone really think he had no control over it?

Now Sheeringa is gone. Bad Michael. Michael is gone, but his policy remains.

Ricci arrives with his phony assed toothy grin. He throws some food at the pilots and hires back the 70 that he helped fire. I haven’t forgotten the 128 non pilots. But, management and support was top heavy and needed to be trimmed anyway.

Now Ricci is personally negotiating in good faith. Well, maybe.

Ricci will eventually reach a stalling point in negotiations. The mediator will release us to self help.

A strike will never happen. Between the kool-aid crowd, the crew meal fat bodies, and those just happy to have a job (or their job back), we’ll return to the days of the CULTure.

Are we smart enough to see through what’s happening? I don’t think so.

Prove me wrong. Please!!

I disagree. I have more faith in our pilot group. I do not believe the pilots would allow this to happen. As for the 70, I strongly believe that everyone of them would follow the advice of our union.

I agree that the company may be trying to butter us up and stalling negotiations is part of their master plan. However, I hope we are both wrong.

All of us need to stay focused and follow the advice of our elected leadership. We will prevail, but we need to stay united.

Ricci will eventually reach a stalling point in negotiations.

This already appears to be starting

The mediator will release us to self help.

The management could never let it go that far. Even if only a third of the pilots walked out for a few days, they would have to spend millions on charters to service the owners, assuming there is even enough charter available. The owners who were not serviced, would sue the company for breech of contract and/or leave to the competition, and who could blame them? It would essentially mean the end of the company in a very short amount of time, and I don't really think that H.I.G. invested their money just to piss it away by being stubborn. Keep in mind that we are not asking for the moon, we are simply asking for a CBA that pays and treats us fairly. It will probably not even make us the highest paid pilots, but we certainly won't still settle for being the lowest any more.

We can come up with doomsday scenarios all day long but what's the point. Since you started the thread I'll throw in my thoughts...

Ricci NEEDED to give us some cookies otherwise I don't think any of the pilots wouild listen to anything he had to say. We have all been so beaten down by management that he had to make some pretty big changes pretty quick to get our attention. He has my attention.

I don't think your scenario makes sense and here is why...Ricci has gone public in a big way talking about how new management is comitted to working with the pilots. The recent press release talked about 'unprecedented cooperation'. Ricci stalls the negotiation and he will be smeared all over every major business aviation publication. Maybe he doesn't care, but I think image is a BIG thing to him.

But as I have said since his return - Anything can happen tomorrow. We are definitely NOT out of the woods.

Management by Trust is what Ricci says.

I give him the benefit of the doubt, but if he started dragging his feet in the negotiations he will lose my trust in an instant. I am waiting for the next negotiation report to come out as I am sure many of us are to see where we stand.

Last edited:
Management by Trust is what Ricci says.

I give him the benefit of the doubt, but if he started dragging his feet in the negotiations he will lose my trust in an instant. I am waiting for the next negotiation report to come out as I am sure many of us are to see where we stand.

Exactly! If the negotiating report says Ricci is full of Sh!t then I have the feeling most of the new found optimism will go away real fast.

I'm OK with that as long as he is spending his time counting all the money to fund the new contract.:laugh:

As Larry the Cable Guy once Said. . .
Now that's funny right there, I don't care who you are!

...Ricci has gone public in a big way talking about how new management is comitted to working with the pilots. The recent press release talked about 'unprecedented cooperation'. Ricci stalls the negotiation and he will be smeared all over every major business aviation publication. Maybe he doesn't care, but I think image is a BIG thing to him.

But as I have said since his return - Anything can happen tomorrow. We are definitely NOT out of the woods.

I agree with you, Sky. It's a safe bet that his image and his reputation do matter to Ricci. After all, frac owners can afford the best so why do business with someone who has a reputation for being untrustworthy? Publicly, no less?! Flight Options needs good PR --not bad--and surely Ricci is smart enough to realize that. Just as the pilots are united enough to insist that Ricci puts money where his mouth is and makes good on his promises to the pilotgroup. Good Luck, guys! NJW

Latest resources

Back