Here we go LUV!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
1015, You just don't get it.

SWA since the early 90's. Made as much or more than my contemperaries hired at the same time or even earlier at legacy carriers. Pay per hour was less, yes, but I flew much more and pretty much the same number of days.

It is shortsided to focus only on the pay rate rather than pay per day. Some do not wish to work as much and that is okay. But the efficiency that is lost when more pilots (pay+benefits) are required to do a similar amount of flying has the net result in putting job security at risk.

What does shortsided mean? I have heard the term shortsighted but never shortsided. Contemporaries is spelled with an O.

Spelling and grammar lesson complete. Now take out your social studies books so that we can really see all that is wrong with this post.

What does shortsided mean? I have heard the term shortsighted but never shortsided. Contemporaries is spelled with an O.

Spelling and grammar lesson complete. Now take out your social studies books so that we can really see all that is wrong with this post.

AUO CFI, don't waste your time worrying about how others spell. If you are really a CFI at Robert G. Pitts airport then you are definitely wasting your time reading this board worrying about how people spell. There are alot more important things to chase around while you are down there on the plains. At least there was when I was there.

AUO CFI, don't waste your time worrying about how others spell. If you are really a CFI at Robert G. Pitts airport then you are definitely wasting your time reading this board worrying about how people spell. There are alot more important things to chase around while you are down there on the plains. At least there was when I was there.

I agree. I often wish I was still there. Haven't been a CFI in Auburn for quite some time but it was still the best job I've had in this industry. I didn't realize it at the time. War Eagle, only one month to kickoff. By the way, I married one of those Auburn girls that I chased around the plains while I was there.

I agree. I often wish I was still there. Haven't been a CFI in Auburn for quite some time but it was still the best job I've had in this industry. I didn't realize it at the time. War Eagle, only one month to kickoff. By the way, I married one of those Auburn girls that I chased around the plains while I was there.

Glad you married an AU girl. I CFI'd there but it was not to my liking with all the King Air politics and what at that time was a worthless airport manager.

And employing 30,000+ with benefits, good wages, profitsharing, 401(k) that is matched by the company, no furloughs......the list goes on.

I guess they really do not know what they are doing.

Any better anywhere else? This sounds like good news compared to the rest of the industry.

Good wages?? Are the rates posted on airlinepilotcentral wrong then? Because that aint good!! 737 pilots at a few of the legacies were being paid that 10 years ago, with contracts that were either in the works or already a done deal at the likes of United and Delta that would have had 737 guys topping out at nearly 250 an hour! You guys are 60 dollars an hour behind the curve.

401K? You gotta be kidding me! They were never intended to be used to base a retirement on.

And as far as your question about being better anywhere else, well I guess I would have to agree with you. But that is not because you all have been trailblazers, on the contrary, you have won the long war of attrition. Congratulations, I hope you are proud of yourselves. I mean comparing southworst to the legacies is like comparing the difference between being homeless and living in cardboard box in some subway alley (legacies) and living in a van down by the river (southworst)!! Yeah, I guess you guys certainly are industry leaders!:puke:

I guess it is a good thing that I do not type for a living.

Good wages?? Are the rates posted on airlinepilotcentral wrong then? Because that aint good!! 737 pilots at a few of the legacies were being paid that 10 years ago, with contracts that were either in the works or already a done deal at the likes of United and Delta that would have had 737 guys topping out at nearly 250 an hour! You guys are 60 dollars an hour behind the curve.

401K? You gotta be kidding me! They were never intended to be used to base a retirement on.

And as far as your question about being better anywhere else, well I guess I would have to agree with you. But that is not because you all have been trailblazers, on the contrary, you have won the long war of attrition. Congratulations, I hope you are proud of yourselves. I mean comparing southworst to the legacies is like comparing the difference between being homeless and living in cardboard box in some subway alley (legacies) and living in a van down by the river (southworst)!! Yeah, I guess you guys certainly are industry leaders!:puke:

Here's your opportunity pipejock, please name the better airline flying 737's. Also, provide factual data supporting your claim.

Oh, thats right, you can't.

Good point. I hope no one in management at the legacies has suffered similar pay cuts. Those visionary leaders are certainly worth millions.

Speaking of the curve, when are the legacies gonna stop lowering it?

Good point. I hope no one in management at the legacies has suffered similar pay cuts. Those visionary leaders are certainly worth millions.

Speaking of the curve, when are the legacies gonna stop lowering it?

Maybe the legacies can stop lowering it when southworst stops using every capacity cut they make as an opportunity to flood the market with more seats. We are trying to raise fares by cutting capacity in case you weren't informed.

And where did I ever lead you to believe I am in support of legacy management? They are pukes, they are the lowest form of life on earth, they are not even human freaking beings, they are nothing but unorganized grabastic pieces of amphibious sh*t. I LOATHE them!!!

And where did I ever lead you to believe I am in support of legacy management? They are pukes, they are the lowest form of life on earth, they are not even human freaking beings, they are nothing but unorganized grabastic pieces of amphibious sh*t. I LOATHE them!!!

Yet you continue to work for them, thats very shall we say, fitting...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back