• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

LR25

Its just a vintage VW
Falcon 20 Captain (IL) 6/10

Flight department based in Chicago area seeking a Falcon 20 Captain. Position will include 200+ hours per year Part 91 flying and 150+ hours of Part 135 flying. Ideal candidate MUST have a Falcon 20 type rating or be willing to participate financially in recurrent training AND meet the following minimum requirements:

ATP Multi-Engine
Falcon 20 Type Rating
3500 PIC
2500 Multi PIC
750 Turbojet PIC
Falcon 20 initial or recurrent training within the preceding 12 months

"Falcon 20 type rating or be willing to participate financially in recurrent training AND meet the following minimum requirements"

But they also need a pilot to!

yup,
this one has already been posted, along with some nasty responses in regard to this fine opportunity:rolleyes:

P-F-T

And, without a doubt, they'll have multiple, financially-qualified applicants for the job.

I just don't understand it, sometimes. How can you expect a company to show respect when people stoop so low as to pay for a job? I've seen it in the three businesses in which I've worked. Low pay and/or BOHICA schemes attract subcaliber people. I saw it in radio stations. I saw it in aviation. I've seen it especially in law offices. Better-quality people who accept bad jobs do it only long enough to get out. The ones that stay are lesser quality people who do not expect or deserve respect.

<Sigh>

Last edited:
PFT is up to the individuals

In the mid 90's PFT was very common. I was set up to interview at two PFT companies in 1996, ACA who wanted 10K for a J-41 F/O seat (no type rating), a job I should have taken because I would have made capt. in about 4-6 months, but they told me Capt would be 2-3 years. I could not live on J-41 F/O pay that long. All the guys who were hired that year are now senior RJ Capt's at ACA, if they did not go someplace else. The other company flew their DC-9 into the swamp in Fla 5 days before my interview. I elected not to go to the interview, since they had quit flying and did not answer the phone. But Value Jet charged 10K for a FSI DC-9 type. All the guys who hired before me are senior AirTran Capt's if they stayed there. Neither of these PFT jobs from the past would be considered bad jobs by 90% of the people reading this board. The bottom line PFT may give you opportunities that lead to a good job, it is up to the individual to see if PFT is right for them or not. If a person PFT's it doesn't mark them as a non-professional pilot any more than not having a college degree marks one as a non-professional pilot. If the DA-20 pays 25K per year and the PFT is only 5K for recurrent are you better taking that job, or taking a non PFT for 18K per year, the math is simple. If I was unemployed, I would look into it in a heartbeat.

Last edited:
Hate to tell ya but...

PFT?
No College Degree?

I dont know how to classify them in terms of "professionalism" but they will BOTH get you the bottom of the barrel jobs..like it or not, thats how it works.

:cool:

Who are you to define a career?

Are you telling me one of our DC-9 Capts who makes well over 125K, who does not have a 4 yr degree is not a professional? are you telling the Army WO's who go and rescue hostages in battle conditions on NVG's, who don't have a 4 yr degree are not professional? are you telling me a majority of the senior Captains at AirTran and ACA are not professional? The possession of a 4 yr degree has nothing to do with your ability to be a professional pilot. Anymore than the possession of a degree means you will a better professional pilot. What then defines your definition of professional? We have problaby failed more 4 yr degree pilots out of our training program than non-4 yr degree pilots. Anyone else care to define the level of professionism and it's relation to a 4 yr degree.

I agree with pilotyip. Regional airlines don't require a 4 year degree and those pilots are no less professionals than anybody else. Accident rates and incidences are no higher with non 4 year degree pilots, and the flying public isn't able to tell one pilot's education apart from another unless their credentials are posted on the cockpit door. (which they're not) So other than bragging rights, who is trying to impress whom and what is to gain from it?

Ok I see...

I agree, you can act "professional" with or without a college degree, I do agree 100%..

All I was saying is that (like it or not) the lack of a 4yr degree will severly hamper your progress in this profession.

Thread drift - or back to the old college degree debate

Gulfstream 200 said:
All I was saying is that (like it or not) the lack of a 4yr degree will severly hamper your progress in this profession.
A point which I second 100%. Why do so many airline apps make a big deal out of the "degree earned" box on the education table?

College may not be for everyone. But if you want to go to college, you should, and ignore any advice to the contrary. It cannot harm you and it can only benefit you. Deciding not to go to college because someone tells you that you do not need it to be successful in professional aviation would be an extremely unwise decision.

Latest resources

Back