• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Here it Comes, Gen...SWA To ATL!?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
General I am happy for you, I truly am. SWA and Delta are two different companies that each has its own product. SWA is flying into larger markets but has never tried to package its product like Delta, however Song what was that? Did you give it up because there are no 1 2 3's and LUB overnights? Come on now, when I dead head I prefer sitting in front of some kid kicking the back of my seat and throwing those sweet honey roasted peanuts at the back of my head. You when you sit in first class you have to sit next to them upity people that eat with silverware, or is it plasticware now since 911?

I am sorry, but were you drunk when you wrote this? Really..... Why did we give up Song I think you asked? I don't know, I really liked it and thought passengers did too. We incorporated a lot of Song stuff back into mainline though (like TVs with Dish Network, something you should have probably) and some of their practices. I think those planes were just a bit too big on some of those routes, and we still fly those same routes today, but with a mixture of MD88s, 738s, and even A319s. Would I want the 1 2 3 rule in LBB? Heck no. No thanks, you can have it, and enjoy the food there except the quesadillas at the hotel bar---one of your guys told me he puked "real good" there after that. Of course I would too probably if I knew I had to go back to Dallas Love after that and then onto Hobby and Harlingen. You can have that too. And, someday if you jumpseat on us and we have an open first class seat, you should try it. I think you would really like it, and you might even eat a small meal, and you could actually use utensils. Most of the stews will treat you "good, real good." After the meal you could relax in the larger seat, and check out the HBO show Entourage, and watch a few episodes, or maybe CNBC to watch your LUV stock. You might even feel rested and relaxed when you get to where you are going. Enjoy it, and welcome aboard.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Gen, I was joking I worked at ASA and loved the non rev experience on Delta, it is much better than being crammed in the back at SWA. SWA is a great place to work, and for passengers for most they are treated well. Each of the two companies has its merits and I expect both to be around for a long time.

We all like teasing you just a little, that is what guys do, or haven't you watch Grand Torino?

Nice spin General...

It's going very well for us in LGA. Planes are completely full. You should know that we can't increase our departures because of the slot requirements.

What's that have to do with ATL departure numbers?

At least you can be proud of that 20 year upgrade now! PFT at its finest.
Oh and bravodoosh, we wouldn't have taken paycuts if you weren't busy undercutting the industry with your PFT!
Goodnight young lady!

Thats why I make more as an FO then you will ever see again at your DELTA. playtime is over back to kindergarden $ITBRICK.

Hey maybe Delta, American and United can build another airport with their own money and Southwest can come in and and get it for free. That is why they are the true bottom feeders and they will never understand that.

Nice spin General...

It's going very well for us in LGA. Planes are completely full. You should know that we can't increase our departures because of the slot requirements.

What's that have to do with ATL departure numbers?

What is the difference between having a certain number of slots, and a certain number of gates? You are restricted for both when it comes to growth. Very little growth potential when there are limits.

Thats why I make more as an FO then you will ever see again at your DELTA. playtime is over back to kindergarden $ITBRICK.

Giving out favors in the mens' room for $5 a pop isn't counting towards your southwest income, or maybe it does? Is that how you got that PFT type? Keep trying bravodoosh your tetorts are as pathetic as your "side jobs.";):laugh:

SWA is everything wrong with the industry... race to the bottom? It all started there.

But you guys are all so lame; who gives a $hit about which airline is better? We're all in it for the buck and to enjoy flying the line as much as possible. How can you honestly look forward to your company competing so fiercely in the market that it means your competitors pilots might take pay cuts or possibly be furloughed?

What a sick world we live in when we forget about being professional airmen and instead pretend that we are part of the boardroom crowd?

Told you it was coming.....

http://www.ajc.com/business/southwest-could-begin-atlanta-104584.html?cxntlid=homepage_tab_newstab

-Like I previously stated, all the bad ju-ju Delta has been laying out since the merger will come back around..... Just wait and see how fast all the ATL passengers, former employees and former investors RA has hosed will clamor all over each other to get onto an airline with a comparable domestic route structure! $59 each way-you pompus tool!

-Enjoy!

Why is someone proud of $59 fares? God that's annoying.

Maybee someone who doesn't realize it took 30% paycuts by everyone else to get yours to be the highest paying.

Maybee someone who doesn't realize that their only competitive ace in the hole in the past (hedging) is no longer a secret.

Your average gate agent and ramper's longevity is probably 15 years lower than DL's. In a couple years, what's gonna happen then?

Such a great time in MSP that you guys are eliminating 2 daily flights to MDW, and you're flying half full airplanes while I'm stuck sitting in the JS or fourth on WN flights. BTW, You'd be amazed how many MSP passengers express to me their excitement to have SWA in MSP during my commutes. Even Business travelers.

the only reason the flights are full is because the fares are still probably $39 one way. One the company starts subsidizing its own customer base, it'll go down and your ass can sit in one of the many empty seats.

Latest resources

Back