• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Here it Comes, Gen...SWA To ATL!?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ACL65 is right, SWA won't go after Delta, too much cash. But they will go after United the same way AMR helped to kill Braniff. SWA wants Denver, and CAL wants the pacific flying, and they both have the cash for the fight. This will get much, much uglier, and unfortunately there will be many more good guys out on the street. Compare UAL's cash and CASM to DAL, who would you ATTACK? Just my two cents, now where is that damn crystal ball again, oh that's right I threw it away after the stock market crash.

What I find hilarious is a legacy guy telling everyone what Southwest can NOT accomplish with one gate.

This comes from someone that has a aircraft at the gate for more than 90 minutes at a time.

SWA gate efficiency is incredible, somewhere as north of 16 flights a day if they so desired....

No doubt about it. Southwest is the "King" of the 20 minute turn. This company can move cattle quicker than any Texas Rancher ever could!!

What I find hilarious is a legacy guy telling everyone what Southwest can NOT accomplish with one gate.

This comes from someone that has a aircraft at the gate for more than 90 minutes at a time.

SWA gate efficiency is incredible, somewhere as north of 16 flights a day if they so desired....

How's that going for ya in LGA? One plane, stuck at the gate due to flow times to MDW, and other planes waiting on taxiways. Sure, you do great with one gate there......enjoy it. Frontier flies 3 flights a day from the gate in ATL, and I think they share it with Midwest or Air Canada. Yeah, they will allow you to do whatever you want, sure, sure they will.....

Bye Bye--General Lee

No doubt about it. Southwest is the "King" of the 20 minute turn. This company can move cattle quicker than any Texas Rancher ever could!!

After 6 of those flights a day, you can get to your hotel, do the 1 2 3 rule, and then sleep for 12 hours straight, and do it all again the next day. Wow, that sounds FANTASTIC.

Bye Bye--General Lee

If this does happen, I wish SWA the best of luck, along with Delta and AirTran. Flown them all and they all have their positives, as well as negatives.

After 6 of those flights a day, you can get to your hotel, do the 1 2 3 rule, and then sleep for 12 hours straight, and do it all again the next day. Wow, that sounds FANTASTIC.

Bye Bye--General Lee

It sure does to me, and thousands of other pilots. Beats sitting in a plane for 8-10 hrs at a clip. You go enjoy your flying, and let others enjoy theirs.

PS- you are one conceited A-HOLE!!! That sounds FANTASTIC...and true.

First of all for all the b travlers that you say wont fly on us I know double that amount that are begging for us to come to their city (ATL) Second, don't worry we will bring it, at least we didn't take any paycuts to bring our cost down to compete with you. USAIR tried, UNITED tried and know DELta will try, everyone else failed but you will succeed....riiiiiiiiiiight.

At least you can be proud of that 20 year upgrade now! PFT at its finest.
Oh and bravodoosh, we wouldn't have taken paycuts if you weren't busy undercutting the industry with your PFT!
Goodnight young lady!

Well golly gee for someone who has all those supposed type ratings you would think you could get afford a better carrier to carry your beloved made up story niece? Please do you really think your impressing anybody with all those silly airplanes you listed as having flown? Go away troll.

BTW how long did it take you to type all those airplanes? and more importantly WHY? my god I stopped counting after 10.

Well golly gee - you really need to know? Must be very important for ya! So here ya go - About 25 seconds, why do you care? Too much anger for me! Hope you're flying solo! I can only HOPE!

It sure does to me, and thousands of other pilots. Beats sitting in a plane for 8-10 hrs at a clip. You go enjoy your flying, and let others enjoy theirs.

PS- you are one conceited A-HOLE!!! That sounds FANTASTIC...and true.

Thanks for that. If you do fly for 8 or more hours, you usually get a nice first class seat to sleep in, plus a first class meal and get to watch a fairly new movie on your break. I watched "I love you, Man" on my last leg, and it was really funny. You should consider renting it...... I also took a 1 hour nap, and it felt FANTASTIC. That was all followed by a nice landing, and then I drove home. I like that better than the last day of a SWA trip---you know the one--PHL to LAS nonstop, followed by a short leg to SNA, and then onto OAK. To each his own, but no thanks. If you want that, go for it!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
General I am happy for you, I truly am. SWA and Delta are two different companies that each has its own product. SWA is flying into larger markets but has never tried to package its product like Delta, however Song what was that? Did you give it up because there are no 1 2 3's and LUB overnights? Come on now, when I dead head I prefer sitting in front of some kid kicking the back of my seat and throwing those sweet honey roasted peanuts at the back of my head. You when you sit in first class you have to sit next to them upity people that eat with silverware, or is it plasticware now since 911?

Latest resources

Back