Here is more growth for Big D!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Couple of rumors from NATCO...

Delta looking into 5-10 new A330s. Apparently an unidentified airline cancelled an order and Delta is looking at picking those up.

Delta also looking at 4-5 747-400 that are parked in the desert....

Again, just rumors... Hope they come true...

Delta looking into 5-10 new A330s. Apparently an unidentified airline cancelled an order and Delta is looking at picking those up.

That's certainly good news. I suspect we might see some additional aircraft on the narrow bodied side also.

Something we tend to forget about with all the SLI rhetoric, this merger will strengthen the mainline of both pre-merger airlines, up gauge regional feed too mainline feed, generate mainline growth during the good times and make the combined carrier more resilient during the bad times. Not bad.

Great rumor...heck, I'll jump right in and spread that one around

Doesn't Victorville have a paint shop? I haven't been there in several years, but I read the first 744 to be painted in DAL colors will be at Victorville. Coincidentally, isn't there some 744s being parked there? Just a thought.

I read that some place in Greenville Miss got the contract for all the painting. Announcement even included the number of jobs attached to the contract, so I'm guessing it was accurate.

Doesn't Victorville have a paint shop? I haven't been there in several years, but I read the first 744 to be painted in DAL colors will be at Victorville. Coincidentally, isn't there some 744s being parked there? Just a thought.

VCV has been doing a lot of the new paint work for DL already. Greenville will operate another line for 757 and smaller aircraft and we'll have the in-house paint shops. Not sure about the parked 74s. I would be shocked to see DL get more of those. Shocked in a good way, but shocked.

Last edited:
Hey look....even more growth for Big D (N)

From today's DeltaNet:Gee....you'd think it would be too expensive to keep a single 747-200 around, since all the rest will be gone ya know.....

How many MAC 742s in the pax version do you have flying? Are they based in MSP? If they are, they might not traverse through the ANC hub too often. It is possible to get rid of the majority of your planes and keep a few around for MAC. We'll see what those "confidential" plans are soon enough.... I hope they stick around for a long time, though..

Bye Bye--General Lee

There are two of them flying right now, based in MSP. The CRAF contracts are cost plus, so it's in all our best interests to keep them flying. Might even be worth bringing a few out of the desert.

Latest resources

Back