• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Help the RAH furloughs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm taking credit for Hulas and Mike Oxlong' signature on the petition.

Last edited:
This was written by a RAH employee on furlough, attempting to encourage management to recall RAH pilots.

All RAH furloughs were out of a job before the acquisitions of Midwest and Frontier. All RAH furloughs were out of a job before RAH began to fly for Midwest under the codeshare agreement.

The RAH furloughs have obviously not been a part of Midwest's woes.

The RAH furloughs have been overlooked and ignored by RAH management in a variety of printed and published statements, both before and during the acquisition spree.

The RAH furloughs have been on the street for over a year. Forgive them for being impatient.

The RAH furloughs are aware of how understaffed RAH is, and are aware of the desperate means scheduling has resorted to in an attempt to keep airplanes running on schedule.

The furloughee who wrote this petition did so out of his own personal frustration, and does not speak on behalf of the union, the active pilots, or the other furloughed RAH pilots.

RAH pilots fully support the return of our furloughs, especially given our desperate need for reserve pilots and pilots to cover all of the upcoming training events.

RAH pilots support the integration of all acquired airlines, and want to see everyone returned to the cockpit as soon as possible.

RAH needs pilots.

RAH will only recall pilots from the RAH seniority list. I hope that the number of pilots eligible for recall is not limited to strictly current RAH pilots on furlough.

I hope and expect that anyone on furlough anywhere can understand why this pilot would want to see himself and other affected pilots recalled as soon as possible, especially when there is an apparent need for recalls.

I hope everyone understands that the means this pilot has used to convey his will to see RAH pilots returned to duty is not necessarily the best thought out plan, and does not represent any plan undertaken by the Teamsters, nor is it representative of the overall opinion of RAH pilots about who of the new RAH "family" is most deserving of returning to the cockpit first.

RAH and the teamsters have not expressed in any way their ideas of who should return to work first, in which airframe, in which base, etc.

This is one guy who wants back to work, and is willing to say it directly to management. Admire him for his will, and courage to go straight to the top. I hope it works out for him, but we all know management reads spreadsheets and cost breakdowns, not letters from labor.

There is nothing to see here, just a furloughed pilot who understands that his services are needed, and that the company is just trying to ignore the obvious.

This was written by a RAH employee on furlough, attempting to encourage management to recall RAH pilots.

All RAH furloughs were out of a job before the acquisitions of Midwest and Frontier. All RAH furloughs were out of a job before RAH began to fly for Midwest under the codeshare agreement.

The RAH furloughs have been overlooked and ignored by RAH management in a variety of printed and published statements, both before and during the acquisition spree.

The RAH furloughs have been on the street for over a year. Forgive them for being impatient.

The RAH furloughs are aware of how understaffed RAH is, and are aware of the desperate means scheduling has resorted to in an attempt to keep airplanes running on schedule.

The furloughee who wrote this petition did so out of his own personal frustration, and does not speak on behalf of the union, the active pilots, or the other furloughed RAH pilots.

RAH pilots fully support the return of our furloughs, especially given our desperate need for reserve pilots and pilots to cover all of the upcoming training events.

RAH pilots support the integration of all acquired airlines, and want to see everyone returned to the cockpit as soon as possible.

RAH needs pilots.

RAH will only recall pilots from the RAH seniority list. I hope that the number of pilots eligible for recall is not limited to strictly current RAH pilots on furlough.

I hope and expect that anyone on furlough anywhere can understand why this pilot would want to see himself and other affected pilots recalled as soon as possible, especially when there is an apparent need for recalls.

I hope everyone understands that the means this pilot has used to convey his will to see RAH pilots returned to duty is not necessarily the best thought out plan, and does not represent any plan undertaken by the Teamsters, nor is it representative of the overall opinion of RAH pilots about who of the new RAH "family" is most deserving of returning to the cockpit first.

RAH and the teamsters have not expressed in any way their ideas of who should return to work first, in which airframe, in which base, etc.

This is one guy who wants back to work, and is willing to say it directly to management. Admire him for his will, and courage to go straight to the top. I hope it works out for him, but we all know management reads spreadsheets and cost breakdowns, not letters from labor.

There is nothing to see here, just a furloughed pilot who understands that his services are needed, and that the company is just trying to ignore the obvious.

Some of these guys were on property for less than two months. They quit their $15/hour flight instructing jobs to only be furloughed from there $23/hour Republic positions. Bring them back now. It's just not fair. It's okay though for the $153/hour Midwest captains with 20+ years in this industry to stay furloughed though. That's completely fair.

How can they be furloughing Midwest pilots, and recalling RAH pilots. I'm sorry but that is just wrong. If its true that these guys were employed less than a year, why should they be the first to be recalled?

RAH needs pilots.

Cry me a river RAH furloughed ******************************.

Some of these guys were on property for less than two months. They quit their $15/hour flight instructing jobs to only be furloughed from there $23/hour Republic positions. Bring them back now. It's just not fair. It's okay though for the $153/hour Midwest captains with 20+ years in this industry to stay furloughed though. That's completely fair.

I know these guys were around a short time. I know the Midwest guys have lost a lot more. But I didn't write the petition. The 2-month experienced former flight instructor who has never been furloughed before wrote this. He doesn't know any better. He is sitting at home and not benefiting from the advice of more experienced pilots who could point out the error in his logic. He posted his petition on our company message board, and has been chastised accordingly. I think the poor reception he receive there is what drove him to place his petition on this website.

How can they be furloughing Midwest pilots, and recalling RAH pilots. I'm sorry but that is just wrong. If its true that these guys were employed less than a year, why should they be the first to be recalled?

The "issue" is that no one is being recalled.

Here is why RAH pilots can be recalled first, IF a recall were to happen:

It all comes down to scope. All RAH aircraft must be flown by RAH pilots. Until an integration of all five seniority lists occurs, only pilots from the master RAH seniority list can fly a RAH aircraft. As 190's are added, and WHEN a recall happens, the company will only be able to recall pilots from the master seniority list. At this moment in time, Midwest pilots are still separate from the RAH pilots. See numerous other threads as to why Midwest pilots are not being integrated now, as opposed to at the same time as Frontier, Lynx, and Mokulele pilots. Midwest pilots are being furloughed NOW because they can only fly the aircraft they flew prior to the acquisition (717). As the 717's go away, they are furloughed. As soon as they are on the RAH master seniority list, they will be recalled according to their new seniority. I have no idea what that new seniority will be. I do not expect Midwest pilots to all end up at the bottom of our list. I do not decide where Midwest pilots will end up on the new list.

That is how it is done. Look to any merger of seniority lists, and show me a time when a furlough from one airline was recalled to fly at the other airline before seniority lists wer combined. That is just how it works. How can Midwest pilots be recalled in order of seniority if their new seniority is not known?

In case no one has noticed, RAH has not recalled anyone since the acquisitions. No RAH pilot has been recalled ahead of a Midwest pilot to date, with the expception of those recalled before the acquisition was announced. RAH management will continue to drag their heels on recalls as long as possible, and likely they will stall too long and be faced with an operational meltdown first. Just wait for the first good winter storm. We at RAH hope that the seniority integration will be completed by then, and that Midwest and Frontier pilots will be eligible for recall when the recalls are announced.

Latest resources

Back