Hello

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Falcon Capt

I'd really like the pork tenderloin receipe you refer to. Post it here, or PM me with it. Thanks in advance:)

Welcome!

So do you race your vette?

Not much anymore. A few vintage drags durring the summer. No more vintage autocross or anything cool like that.

I drive it like I stole it though!

Mark

"I sure did...nice guy."

Yeah, Barry took a job at Business Aviation as the Chief Pilot and I took his job at Sioux Valley.

Baryy is a real good fellow. Honest and straight forward.

Mark

vetteracer said:
Welcome!

So do you race your vette?

Not much anymore. A few vintage drags durring the summer. No more vintage autocross or anything cool like that.

I drive it like I stole it though!

Mark

Thats cool. I raced my RX-7 in SM2 but I havent been to an autx in a about two years though :(

Speaking of BBQ, and Mesquite, I was in ABI recently, and FBO says go to this place. I don't remember the name, but I'm telling you it was the BEST, I MEAN THE BEST Mesquite smoked steak I ever had

Ahhhhh, yes. JOE ALLENS BBQ. Probably the best I have had as well. It's about 3 miles from the FBO.

By the way, what kind of bbq is your favorite? Where? And how do we get some?

MMMM....Risky's BBQ at the Stockyards in Fort Worth, Texas.
All you can eat ribs for about $10 bucks and they are a plate full. Nice atmosphere too. My mouth is watering just thinking about them.

BB-CUE!!!

Can't believe noone's piped up with a reference to Cooper's in Llano, TX or Louie Mueller's in Taylor, TX!! Some of the best!!! Gotta say, I agree 110% with the folks that give it to Joe Allen's in ABI--That's pretty hard to beat too, but check out the BBQ in the Texas Hill Country if anyone ever gets a chance. It's worth the trip. Ya'll take care!
-TX

vetteracer said:
Hello, I am new to the forum here and thought I would say Hi and introduce myself.

My name is Mark and I live and fly in Sioux Falls SD.

I have flown cargo in 310/402's and now fly a KA-200 for a local hospital.

Anyway this is me in a nutshell.

Mark

Hey, vette....Is Tiarht (or however the hell you spell it) still at SV?

I knew him in college...he doesn't know it, but he got me hooked when he took me up in his Grumman.

Last edited:
TX-pilot

Yeah, Coopers is a great place. They even picked me up at the airport one day to give me a ride into town to go there.
What's that place over in Lockhart? Gruenes? That's good stuff too.
To any potential BBQ hunters out there...If the place looks kinda run down with an old steel chimney pipe sticking out the side of the building..it's probably great BBQ. Stay away from BBQ joints with neon signs.

I think the Houston area has some of the best BBQ in this country. Pe-Tes Cajun BBQ right by EFD is pretty hard to beat in my opinion. When in the area I suggest that you give this place a shot, chances are you will be amazed... mmmm, just the thought is making me hungry. The walls are decorated with aviation and Nasa memorabilia that is pretty impressive to look at, quite a bit of history there...

Norman Oklahoma also has a few really good BBQ joints.

3 5 0

Latest resources

Back