• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hello, new here

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There was a place up the road from CRG field that had great BBQ...wish I could remember the name of that place, but it was a lifetime ago.

Bad (bad as in bad, not good) BBQ

OK, Mates,

We often review good BBQ, but here's the back side.

We just got finished with the left overs from a Saturday night visit to a local BBQ
joint, not thought to be the best.

Well, I'll tell you. You can always best judge BBQ by the left overs. And these spell
it out. B.A.D.

If I were you, I'd avoid "The Bear's Pit" in North Hills, CA (Sepulveda to some). North,
Central San Fernando Valley.

I would't speak up, but that's three for three in the dumper.

TransMach

I'm having BBQ tonight!!! :p

FD

Had Argentinian grill last night... good stuff! Highly recommend! Best part? BYOB restaurant. No overpriced wine. Excellente!

Welcome!

We talk about the things that pilots talk about, some of which have been mentioned.

Barbeque. Thank God for it. :D

Welcome!

If you're ever in MSP, they have a Famous Daves BBQ in the terminal that you can enjoy while waiting for your connection.

On a side note...We're you really on "American Idol"?!

Last week, Food TV devoted much of the programming to BBQ. Alton Brown reviewed cookers/smokers, and came up with his own, which I inted to try next week. He got 2 clay pots, flower pots, put an electric grill in the bottom of one, placed a pan on it with smoking wood, placed a grill inside the pot, pork on the grill, second pot on top. Looked really cool. Recipe sounded good too. Good explanation.
I'll let you know about it when I do it. Have to wait to move in to new house.

Idol I'm not....

Yeah, famous Dave's is alright. I'm in Denver now, but I don't think I'll have time for bbq. I'll be in San Antonio tonight, anyone know of a good bbq joint there??

Sup Matt, nice to see you here.:cool:

To answer the above question, no, I was not on Idol. I was thinkin' bout trying out, but I'm a year past the cut-off age. I'm working on a music career though. Talking with some songwriters and producers now. Trying to get a really good demo cut. I do have a few cheesy recordings on my website if you want to check 'em out.:eek: http://www.seanarcher.com

Late.

Hawkerguy,

I realize you're new, so I'll let you in on a little secret about this site. From now on, when you look up and see contrails, just think of BBQ. When you read about contrails here, write about BBQ. Keep that in mind when you're perusing the threads.

You said you were in DEN the other night? You DID you wear your foil hat, right?

Welcome!

Latest resources

Back