headsets in the crj

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Headsets

I can't remember which headset we had in the CRJ or the 737-700, although they were just about alike. I think they were the light wieight Telex.....I will try and find out. At Midway each airplane had a headset for each seat including the jumpseat. I actually thought the CRJ cockpit was quiet compared to the 737 due to the location of the engines....although the 737 was a Rocketship to FL410 and the CRJ runs out of steam in the mid teens....

My company flys a mix of older and newer CRJ's.
The older ones are very loud, something to do with the wipers I am told. I use DC's on them. On the newer ones, which are much quieter I use telex.

Noise Level

Midway had all new CRj's so that might be the difference. I thought is was comfortable (the noise level) with the headsets off and then using the overhead speaker and hand mic while enroute. Our COM made us wait till 18,000 to take them off.

I fly the CRJ and I own both the Telex 750 and the DC 13.4. I prefer to use the DC. Anybody want to buy my Telex 750?

Look at the Panther C.A.T. System on pantherelectronics.com. I know a SkyWest CRJ captain that uses it and loves it. You can also buy it from marvgolded.com for $50 cheaper.

The noise level tends to depend on IAS. The higher you fly, the lower the IAS for a given mach number, and the quieter it is. I haven't noticed any difference between the older and newer CRJs.

I use the Telex 750, tried it with earplugs but can't stand having them in for long stretches. I started out using DC's, but they can be very uncomfortable on a long-leg, long day. Generally, the captains I've flown with who use DCs will take them off above FL180. Overall, I prefer the Telex.

Sorry to disagree with you, but there is a difference between
old and new RJs as far as noise. We don't change our profiles per N number, its the same new or old.

Well, then I guess your ears are much more sensitive than mine, because I can't hear a difference. If you really want to get technical about it, every single airplane makes a different amount of noise. I just haven't noticed a significant difference between new and old. I guess we'll just have to disagree.

I'll probably try to pick up some telex headsets...besides I can almost tolerate the noise level in the Beech 1900 Heavy D at 1450 RPM at 2500lbs. torque so I guess the RJ won't be bad at all hopefully...thanks for the input..

anybody have an idea where and for how much i can get a good set of telex's...and what model..thanks..

Latest resources

Back