• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

headset for SUPT

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey Tony! How long ago were you out here? My apartment is a short spit away from Ghengis Khan near the sea wall, enough to smell the BBQ in my living room at night.

You forgot Yoshi's and Kitakisen if you're into sushi, or were you before those places' time?

Cruise157 said:
Hey Tony! How long ago were you out here? My apartment is a short spit away from Ghengis Khan near the sea wall, enough to smell the BBQ in my living room at night.

You forgot Yoshi's and Kitakisen if you're into sushi, or were you before those places' time?
First trip was in `84... last was in `94... lots of trips in between! We spent roughly 30 days at a time in the Q next to the KOOM, or the next one up the hill.

I partook of sushi from time to time, but it never was "my" thing.

I'll bet you can't walk through Gate 2 with just an American Express card anymore, can ya? :)

TonyC said:
[I'll bet you can't walk through Gate 2 with just an American Express card anymore, can ya? :) [/B]

Hell no. Especially since SOFA status personnel (TDY or permanent party) are banned from at least three places on Gate 2 street. That place isn't my bag anyway.

I'm guessing you were associated with the 82nd? I'm loving those due regard O9E sorties. A matter of fact, you Offut guy just bought me a 3 week TDY in Hawaii. What a blast! :D

Cruise157 said:
I'm guessing you were associated with the 82nd? I'm loving those due regard O9E sorties. A matter of fact, you Offut guy just bought me a 3 week TDY in Hawaii. What a blast! :D
You are correct, sir. Most I ever got in Hawaii was min crew rest + 25 minutes. :(

hermair,

Military headsets use different impedence and ohms than the civil counterparts. Adapters are available to make a civil model work in military aircraft, but they don't work super great. I used one on my noise cancelling DCs in the 130 a few years ago.

At AF JSUPT, you will not need a headset until you get to the T-1 or T-44 track, and it will be issued. All of your primary flight training will be in an aircraft that requires the brain bucket. In the beginning simulators, they make you wear everything, parachute, harness and/or G-suit if required to prove you know how to strap in and egress correctly. After solo, they have headsets for you at the sim.

I don't know if the T-44s or C-12s at CRP use the military voltage headsets or if they remained on the civil standard. Considering the T-1 is mil standard, I would guess the same goes for the King Air derivatives at CRP.

Hope this helps

Hey everyone,

Thanks for the tough love. I'll admit I have been flying the civilian world for 11 years now and I have paid for everything. Nothing seems to come easy with financial aid. Glad to hear they take care of us.

Vandal said:
when you wear the helmet in 130's do you wear the 02 mask?
I doubt it since the aircraft is pressurized...

Latest resources

Back