• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

HAZARDOUS attitudes at REGIONALS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
One of the most common things I've heard about when I talk to some FO's at the local FBO is that captain's always show the tendency of "get-home-itis". This is not a joke. Some captains even go as far as telling FO's to "fly it like you stole it."

Another one is being too macho. I was flying in the cabin last summer to go back home and take this chick from high school on a night flight,

1. The F/O NEVER flys the go home leg. His gethomeitis might be in remission and I can't take that chance.

2. Can you post a picture of this high school "chick"? Since you are such a dork I suspect she must be a bigg'un and I'm doing a report to the FSDO on overloaded a/c and we all know how easy it is to max out a C152

Here's a hazard - Don't take a shot of Jack Daniels that was put in a microwave. I have great friends huh!?!?

Dear Queer-bait,

Did you violently shake the woman while you were telling her what a microburst could do to the plane? Did you act the whole thing out with the overhead air gasper and a paper-airplane fashioned from a page torn out of the sky mall magazine? Or did you pick up the nearest baby and throw it against the ground...and shout "THERE! Thats going to be us! We're all going to die! Ahhh!" And don't tell me that you were in uniform. I don't think I could handle that. Nice job, First Officer Situation Aggravation.

My god. You are an idiot wrapped in a turd-filled ding-dong. Please, PLEASE. Do everyone a favor and fall balls first onto a fence. Do not create any more of your kind. And stop reciting stuff. You're giving FO's a bad name.

You see what you did? Now I'm all upset. This better not be real. Oh, sweet spirit of Uncle Rico, this better not be real.

Last edited:
The three most dangerous things in aviation:

1.) Four doctors in a Bonanza.
2.) Two airline pilots in a 172.

and the most dangerous...

3.) A flight attendant with a chipped tooth.

I can't believe any of you made a serious response to this. Can't you tell that it was very TIC? He's probably an RJ captain. He's making fun of Riddle Rats. Get it now?

no no he's making fun of people who couldn't get into Riddle because they were too stupid.

Guys, recently there's been a lot of arguments on the board about different things, but I want to make you aware of probably the newest threat to the regional industry. The FAA is currently focusing on traffic collisions on taxiways, but my friend and I are conducting some studies and making a presentation to the FSDO soon about the 5 hazardous attitudes and how they play a bad role, most frequently at the regionals.

One of the most common things I've heard about when I talk to some FO's at the local FBO is that captain's always show the tendency of "get-home-itis". This is not a joke. Some captains even go as far as telling FO's to "fly it like you stole it." In that case, would you really fly an airplane cross country with passengers at 300 ft. with the transponder on standby? The answer is no. But captains will make FO's believe they can "fly it like they stole it" just in order to get home sooner. This is a threat.

Another one is being too macho. I was flying in the cabin last summer to go back home and take this chick from high school on a night flight, and here's what happened: The captain got on the mic at about Fl160 and announced to everyone that they should stay seated because we were going through some "turb." Well, let me tell you. This captain probably flew through red plots on the radar. It was continuously bumpy and the flight attend didn't even get up. I even told the lady sitting next to me about the threat of microbursts and what could happen to us. She started to get worried but I was too concerned with other things to worry. I got off the plane and look at the sky and saw gray everywhere.

An other time I was talking to a FO this career fair and I asked how many CAP's display anti-authority. He said not many, but one time he said there was a captain that wouldn't board because they were in E-Dick, or something like that.

Anyways, I want to know some other hazardous attitudes that are displayed in the regionals. I know there are a lot. But I think I can help because my friend and I are halfway through this powerpoint for a ground school class and I think the FAA would be VERY interested in what we have to say.

JDR, don't listen to these people: They are lashing out because they are scared of being exposed. You are absolutely correct in pointing out the hazardous attitudes and instructing fellow passengers about the potential consequences. Most importantly, you are taking steps to work with the FAA to resolve the problem. In all likelihood, you are probably going to get some type of safety award. I look forward to hearing the feedback from the FAA regarding this very serious issue that we are all faced with. Hopefully, you will be able to resolve the crisis, before innocent people pay the price for regional pilots' dangerous actions.

JDR, don't listen to these people: They are lashing out because they are scared of being exposed. You are absolutely correct in pointing out the hazardous attitudes and instructing fellow passengers about the potential consequences. Most importantly, you are taking steps to work with the FAA to resolve the problem. In all likelihood, you are probably going to get some type of safety award. I look forward to hearing the feedback from the FAA regarding this very serious issue that we are all faced with. Hopefully, you will be able to resolve the crisis, before innocent people pay the price for regional pilots' dangerous actions.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!! :laugh:

Latest resources

Back