• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hawker insurance hurdle for a new pilot

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks for all the input everyone. I know training is expensive these days and that RJ drivers llike me nothing special, are a dime a dozen and at a disadvantage against seasoned corporate pilots. This gig I'm hoping to land is still in the early phases and I only have a small shot because I know the guy who is putting it all together. I just gotta convince him to hire me if the potential owner ends up buying a jet. To not have to commute anymore and be based at home would be so great.

Thanks!

If you pay 40K for Hawker initial ya need to work on your negotiating skills.

Sorry man. Simcom does not have a proline 21 sim. While I do not have the invoice in front of me, recurrent at FSI ICT was in the mid 20's in may. If you were such a stout negotiator, you would also know that there are significant cost associated with initial that are not included in the price you pay the training facility. My negotiating skills are just fine.

Other than the personal shot at me, your comment was helpful how? It was a ball park figure including all cost associated with an initial. That is the only number that matters to the boss. I am very familiar with both Simuflite and Flight Safety's discount structures, and what it takes to qualify for them. Single plane operators do not qualify for the manufacturer / fractional discount level.

I'm pretty sure Simuflite has a PL21 Hawker sim in Morristown...

They do! Pricing was the same as FSI in the spring. I was also forced to do FSI in the spring because we had left over credits from the purchase of 2 new aircraft.

SIMCOM does not.

They do! Pricing was the same as FSI in the spring. I was also forced to do FSI in the spring because we had left over credits from the purchase of 2 new aircraft.

SIMCOM does not.

You might check back with Simuflite for your next training needs...their CJ3 sim in MMU is brand-spanking-new (like not even 100% certified yet) and they're trying to drum up business but their cost for CJ2+ training (Initial or Recurrent) after the first of the year is SUBSTANTIALLY less than FSI Wichita...like more than 1/3 less.

You might check back with Simuflite for your next training needs...their CJ3 sim in MMU is brand-spanking-new (like not even 100% certified yet) and they're trying to drum up business but their cost for CJ2+ training (Initial or Recurrent) after the first of the year is SUBSTANTIALLY less than FSI Wichita...like more than 1/3 less.

My FSI rep always matches anything Simuflite offers me. I have many friends in ICT from my Raytheon days so I enjoy going there. 750 sim is brand new in ICT as well.

Well if that's the case, your negotiation skills are better than mine :laugh:

I was very disappointed in FSI's efforts to earn our business.

Been buying from the same rep for 18 years. Only trained other than them once. Taking him fishing does not hurt either....LOL

I was however, very upset about their pay upfront policy. I guess they got burned by some of the big departments shutting down. It was not that big a deal with the exception of the fact they told that 1 week prior to training.

Well if that's the case, your negotiation skills are better than mine :laugh:

I was very disappointed in FSI's efforts to earn our business.

Been buying from the same rep for 18 years. Only trained other than them once. Taking him fishing does not hurt either....LOL

I was however, very upset about their pay upfront policy. I guess they got burned by some of the big departments shutting down. It was not that big a deal with the exception of the fact they told that 1 week prior to training.

40k? no

Again, if you pay 40k for a Hawker initial I still think your negotiating skills are poor.

First of all, he didn't mention Proline 21 so you are making assumptions based on your needs, not his.

Secondly he said Part 91, so even if he does have a Proline 21 airplane that does not mean he needs to take the type in a Proline 21 sim. If he didn't check around he might not know that taking a type in the 700 sim would be no different type than doing it in the brand-spankin new one at twice the cost.

Latest resources

Back