• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hawaiian

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
With hiring going on, and forecasted throughout next year. Furloughs (knock on wood) don't really seem to fit the profile.... Gaining market share on the islands that cannot be serviced by a 717 does... All part of doing business....

And like HA25, keeping up with the airline identifiers is not on most of our minds unless it is DL, UA, AA, US, HA, SW... We tend to not squabble over who's flying is who's and that sort of thing. Been there done that, got the t-shirt....

Somebody needs some humble pie! If your like HA25, you would think 20 plus years in the business and being a junior FO would humble you.

Somebody needs some humble pie! If your like HA25, you would think 20 plus years in the business and being a junior FO would humble you.

I'm sorry if I came off as not-humble, wasn't my intent at all.

6th company in 12 years... 2 furloughs, 1 bankruptcy, 2 pay cuts. Multiple CEO changes. My last furlough, like many here, was from a company I fully intended to make a career out of (IE: not a regional)... I'll stay as optimistic as I please..

I was merely conveying my thoughts about furloughs after somebody predicted furloughs of junior guys based on HA buying some turbo props to do MKK-HNL and LNY-HNL...

Will that additional SYD flying create a multi-day layover down there? What kind of trip rig do you guys have? Does it make the trip worth "enough?"

Will that additional SYD flying create a multi-day layover down there? What kind of trip rig do you guys have? Does it make the trip worth "enough?"

Probably a 4 day trip, but who knows how they will divvy up the flts with 10 a week, when we started there we had a 4 day and one 5 day trip, not as efficient as getting 21 hours in a 3 day trip, but still a good trip. As a matter of fact the 5 day would go senior. Nice little mini Australia vacation while getting 5 bucks an hour per diem (international per diem is based on how expensive a city is). Trip rig obviously adds some to it, I forget the exact amount.
Definitely worth it if the surf was good! Our Auckland trips (3 times a week)will be a 4 day and one 5 day. I'm guessing they will go pretty senior.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back