• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hawaiian

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
correct... new to the Island, but not the industry... 20+ years in it now... last time I cared about a commuter airline was in the mid/late 90's when I worked for one (ASA)... so I dont' keep up with their airline codes.. sorry.

20+ years! wow, my apologies. You must be a really senior pilot at HAL.

20+ years! wow, my apologies. You must be a really senior pilot at HAL.

lol... far from it! VERY junior as a matter of fact. Most people don't just jump into a job like HAL inside of a handful of years... not one's from the mainland at least.

I was hired at American in 2001 and have been on a tour of failing airlines and contract jobs for the past 12 years... but that's a topic for another thread.

I hope your high up on Hawaiian's seniority list, because a reduction in 717's probably means people on the street. At least until there is more expansion/planes.

WP is indeed Island Air. You must be new to Hawaii!

With hiring going on, and forecasted throughout next year. Furloughs (knock on wood) don't really seem to fit the profile.... Gaining market share on the islands that cannot be serviced by a 717 does... All part of doing business....

And like HA25, keeping up with the airline identifiers is not on most of our minds unless it is DL, UA, AA, US, HA, SW... We tend to not squabble over who's flying is who's and that sort of thing. Been there done that, got the t-shirt....

Anyone taking bets on future destinations?

I'm going with places like Singapore and Hong Kong
Singapore is too far for the 330's unless we block off seats and ignore cargo, so that will have to wait for the 350's. HKG is much more likely, as well as a handful of eastern-U.S. & Canadian cities too. There's probably a couple more cities in Japan we could tap into also, like Nagoya and Hiroshima.

HAL

What HAL says plus.........Mainland China is almost a given. Melbourne after Brisbane establishes itself and I recently saw Jakarta is on the radar.

Last edited:
Singapore is too far for the 330's unless we block off seats and ignore cargo, so that will have to wait for the 350's. HKG is much more likely, as well as a handful of eastern-U.S. & Canadian cities too. There's probably a couple more cities in Japan we could tap into also, like Nagoya and Hiroshima.

HAL

So I got to meet the famous "Dan Roman" in the crew room the other day with his sporty beard! Need to meet you too HAL!

Just look for the lost looking newhire with no tie and pressed shirt, polished shoes and brand new hat on!

Just look for the lost looking newhire with no tie and pressed shirt, polished shoes and brand new hat on!
After our hiring spree the past few years, that narrows it down to a couple of hundred. :)

HAL

After our hiring spree the past few years, that narrows it down to a couple of hundred. :)

HAL

Exciting times indeed! Just a bit scary too..... hoping no bubble effect occurs. It will be interesting to see where those A350s end up going. I tried.to corner the CEO when he came to talk to us about places like London, Paris or Amsterdam and he just chuckled and said with that plane, everything is possible. ..

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back