• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hawaiian to exit BK on June 1st

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dang Hansoma...you just can't stay out of the news...mergers, exiting bk, what's with you! Congrats to you guys all around!

AQ Pilot-Thanks and hang in there!!!-you guys will be out soon!! We need 2 strong carriers locally here in Hawaii!!!!

Erndogg said:
AQ Pilot-Thanks and hang in there!!!-you guys will be out soon!! We need 2 strong carriers locally here in Hawaii!!!!
HA and WP.

AQ PILOT said:
Dang Hansoma...you just can't stay out of the news...mergers, exiting bk, what's with you! Congrats to you guys all around!

Hey AQ, I really do try to keep a low profile but that's life on the airline roller coaster sometimes:rolleyes: What's new with you?

Erndogg, thanks for the positive thoughts. I think we are gonna need a miracle to save us right about now!

Hansoma, you are all over the place man! Low profile my a$$! You're soon to be a US Air pilot...Amazing...Sold my place in HNL and movin' back to SEA.

What an industry...

They can 'bid' all they want. 767's are rare on the used market right now according to a friend at Boeing, and those that are available are 20 year old dogs.

Has management hinted at all about putting in an order for more new ones? I know Boeing is begging for 767 orders to keep the line going. It wouldn't take long at all to get some straight from the factory.

HAL

Wait till we get a bunch of 20 year old planes that have been beaten up by European non-sched's. I hope that we can find some decent planes, but I hear the same thing as HAL. The company I am currently working for flys 757's (old beaten up one's) and have been looking to start a 767 program. However, they claim that the only planes on the market are so bad that they don't even want them. Well, I guess hope.....

Try checking out the United repo thread. E-mailed Dunkerley and he told me that HAL has it's inspection teams ready to go when these a/c become avialiable.
We will have to wait and see but these a/c mentioned are in pretty good shape compared to what else is out there.
Now lets see if a bidding war erupts and if HAL is serious about acquiring more a/c.

AQ PILOT said:
Hansoma, you are all over the place man! Low profile my a$$! You're soon to be a US Air pilot...Amazing....

Nawww.... He just likes the fact that he finally has some seniority and has someone 'junior' to him he can kick around a bit. :D

HAL (still the newbie)

;) That's right Probie! And don't you forget it! What trips were you going to bid for next month??

HA already lost out..........

on a few UA 763's. They were looked at about 6 week ago and they got out bid. They are still looking EVERYWERE for the darned things.......Good luck to all..........

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back