Hawaiian to aquire another 767

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Congrads guys/gals,
I hear the first furloughee guys are coming back May 1st. Great news and hope you're back for good!
Maybe I'll see some of you-got class on the 5/6 May.

mdanno808 said:
From another message board...

The certain additional assets, for those interested, are a fifth Aircraft and engine.

“Fifth Aircraft and Engine” means the Boeing 767-332 Aircraft and the General Electric Model CF6-80A2 Engine that Borrower disclosed to Agent prior to the Closing Date that Borrower would be purchasing.

It is true, if you dig deep enough into the form 8-K that HA filed, that there is a fifth plane involved, apparently to be leased from Ansett. The fact that it is listed by specific type and engine designation leads me to believe that it is closer to being a done deal than most rumors in the past have been.

One more flying plane = at least 12 more recalls = at least 37 total. If one plane is used for long-distance flying that goes up to 49. Throw in a few bypasses, and things are looking interesting, right Dan?

PositiveRate said:
Are you going to stay at Cactus or go back to HA?

I can't answer that until I have a lot more information from both sides. Sometimes patience is a virtue (a pain, but a virtue).

HAL

Last edited:
How you "figgur" HAL?!:

Staffing is short operationally, retirements, and a minimum of 30 pilots to staff three planes. With a fifth coming, that's up to 40+ and I'll bet that one new route will be upwards of 8 hours, so that's closer to 50+. GOD! we've had bad news for 3 FREAKING years!! why try to downtalk this good news. AND neither you nor anyone else knows for sure the bypass rate or any of the other variables listed above.

I've been bullish on HA and I ain't changing now.

J

FlickerFade said:
How you "figgur" HAL?!:

Staffing is short operationally, retirements, and a minimum of 30 pilots to staff three planes. With a fifth coming, that's up to 40+ and I'll bet that one new route will be upwards of 8 hours, so that's closer to 50+. GOD! we've had bad news for 3 FREAKING years!! why try to downtalk this good news. AND neither you nor anyone else knows for sure the bypass rate or any of the other variables listed above.

I've been bullish on HA and I ain't changing now.

J

The 'figgur' is just merely what Crew Planning has been using for their numbers. 12 pilots per plane for west coast, overstaffed by about 11 right now. 3 x 12 = 36, -11 = 25 for the recall for three planes, + 12 for the 'fifth' plane = 37. They staff at about 24 per plane for long flights (JFK etc), so + and additional 12 for one long distance = 49.

But that's just a WAG based on what I was told a while ago. Maybe different now. And that only takes them to an absolute minimum staffing when the planes arrive, so in reality it should be a little higher.

Good luck to all!

HAL

Good luck to all the HAL guys, both those being recalled and those who will eventually find jobs there.

Bring on the widebodies!

I sure hope you weren't talking about the widebodies I saw walking through the terminal the other night!!! I had to call in sick due to hysterical blindness!

Hansoma said:
I sure hope you weren't talking about the widebodies I saw walking through the terminal the other night!!! I had to call in sick due to hysterical blindness!

Don't worry, it's just another case of Vegas-itis attacking the senses. The victims are usually an unfortunate result of the combination of alcohol, spandex, and a lack of taste. As long as you don't start thinking a kilt is a good fashion choice then all is OK.

P.S. Senior, senior, senior. :D

HAL

All the best!

Congrats to all the HAL recalls. We'll miss those of you at WP but while we're sad to see you go, we're stoked that you're going back where you deserve to be.

Aloha! :beer:

Latest resources

Back