• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hawaiian recalls?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What flight are you looking to jumpseat on?

To try to head off a "my airline has tougher route structure wx than yours" thread...........

The point is that HAL's operational performance has taken a 180 degree turn over the past few years. With new aircraft, technology, operational leadership, employee action, etc., etc., This record of ontime performance is a dramatic improvement.

Re: the low complaints and baggage loss, this is a stronger stat to stack up against other carriers.

Ultimately, even taken in a closed system, Hawaiian Air is doing a good job at being a full-service airline.

Now get me some more 767's!!!!!!!!!! (and get that 787 order in while Boeing is still in a bargaining mood).

I know this might be the wrong thread for this but since there are a bunch of Hawaiian pilot here I would at least try. How many jumpseaters do you take? And are the loads always very high or are there at least a few seats om most flights. Thanks in advance...

B-Longhorn
We are in the process right now of implementing the CASS system. Once we incorporate it (hopefully by the end of the year) we can take 2 jumps on the 767 and 1 on 717 (interisland).
Right now we can only cabin seat (if avialiable). I would try LAX-HNL on flight 9 (good non-rev avialiability in most cases) it departs at 6:25 p.m. local time PDT Daily:) .

Just to clarify, we can take as many jumpseaters as available seats in the back. Sometimes PDX has seats, especially on the days they have a second flight to OGG. It's hit or miss, you can get stuck for a week or you can get on when you least expect it. Good luck.

By the way flickerfade. You mentioned 787's. A station manager said at a recent monthly meeting they hold for all the station managers Dunkerly spent a lot of time explaining why the next generation aircraft are so important to Hawaiian. The 40% fuel savings are a big deal (no surprise there). It seems they want to expand as much as they can IF they can find the right airplanes, but they are definetly looking long range.

787's? WTF? Better focus on used 767's right now don't you think? BTW, what's the deal with the 2 AC that HAL has a letter of agreement to lease? Is it true that HAL was outbid, or is that still unverified?

Do any of you guys know what happens if a person is not recalled within the 6 years? Is an extension possible, or do you without question lose the longevity you had gained until the furlough?

787's? WTF? Better focus on used 767's right now don't you think? BTW, what's the deal with the 2 AC that HAL has a letter of agreement to lease? Is it true that HAL was outbid, or is that still unverified?

Rumor going around work is YES they did get outbid and decided to fold up their tent for the next bid.
Stayed tuned if there is any mention of it this Tues 8/9???

reference my earlier post in this string: we'll hear a rumor, debate it to death, then it never happens. Apply this to every 767 acquisition rumor that has come out.

Dan Roman said:
Just to clarify, we can take as many jumpseaters as available seats in the back. Sometimes PDX has seats, especially on the days they have a second flight to OGG. It's hit or miss, you can get stuck for a week or you can get on when you least expect it. Good luck.

Are you guys gonna be in CASS?

Pualani's livery would look right at home on a 744 brah!.....;)

Latest resources

Back