• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

HAWAIIAN Phase III invites

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Interviewed last sept. I was offered Phase 3 many thimes since Feb. But have been going through a lot at home and was offered new interview (phase 1) but instead to my shock was emailed about another offer for Phase 3 for today. I did not expect it since they already said that I needed to start over since it had been so long. I am aware of the implications of Phase 3. Live on the west coast with family in HI. I would of loved to work there, especially like the routes and equip.

But last week at work I damaged my ears in the descent and have effectively grounded myself for awhile to see if it heals. I had to weigh the pros and cons of it all and keeping my medical is 1st. I am lucky to have more than one option for jobs lined up, although I really wanted this one to work, and I know I will still miss the flying out there.

By the way all communications come via email. Phase 1 from HR and phase 3 from training dept. (you may get a phone call if need to fill a last minute class (friday call for monday interview))

Good Luck!

Last edited:
HA is 5% the size of DL, with a very different business model. For all the economic reasons I've stated before, I don't think it would be a very good merger for either side.

As with so many of these internet discussions, ones viewpoints get in the way of the truth. Others may look at me, or Dan Roman, or 808 Pilot, or Hansoma, and simply say that we don't want the merger for personal reasons. Although that is partly true, for me, I've always tried to look at the big picture, and be pragmatic.

HAL

...as a Deltoid, our reasons are:
1) HA is relatively cheap compared to AK,
2) Your Pacific routes could compliment ours
3) Same equipment (except of the 350s on order)
4) We need an intra island feed.

...as a Deltoid, our reasons are:
1) HA is relatively cheap compared to AK,
2) Your Pacific routes could compliment ours
3) Same equipment (except of the 350s on order)
4) We need an intra island feed.

Those are somewhat true although a lot of our routes work because it's "Hawaiian", they would not do as well as "Delta". However, there are plenty other issues that would make it very hard for DAL to pull it off. Not the least that it would be a big negative for the State of Hawaii if it were to happen. I think there would be enough resistance to prevent it. Any hint of any hostility in the move would sink it immediatly, I'm not sure how DAL could make it appear as a good thing for Hawaii.

Been pretty quiet on the Phase III updates.

I know they did some more I/II's this week.... Heard the next class is coming up early August? Would that possibly put some Phase III call outs sometime next week? (couple day notice plus 2 week notice for a class date)

Seems like they could possibly have around 160 +/- interviews already done for the remaining 80 or so slots for this year?

Anybody recently been invited for a Phase I?

The window is still closed, just checked it (1925Z, July 13)

Anybody recently been invited for a Phase I?

The window is still closed, just checked it (1925Z, July 13)

Crickets man !
This was driving me crazy until i just gave up this week.
F, it! I hate f.i. I hate my email.
I think it's over already -_-
Rant over.

in case you don't checkout that other forum.
There was a small class that just started and there is suppose to be
one at the end of the month of 20.

Crickets man !
This was driving me crazy until i just gave up this week.
F, it! I hate f.i. I hate my email.
I think it's over already -_-
Rant over.

It's because the moderator moved this to the "general aviation discussion" board...how the hell does hiring at Hawaiian not fit into the "Major Airlines" category.

Note to moderators...you guys are really pissing me off with moving these posts around. If the original poster wanted his post in a certain section JUST LEAVE IT THERE. I know some of you have control issues...and are dying to be Captain one day...but don't take it out on the FI members...PLEASE!!!

It's because the moderator moved this to the "general aviation discussion" board...how the hell does hiring at Hawaiian not fit into the "Major Airlines" category.

Note to moderators...you guys are really pissing me off with moving these posts around. If the original poster wanted his post in a certain section JUST LEAVE IT THERE. I know some of you have control issues...and are dying to be Captain one day...but don't take it out on the FI members...PLEASE!!!

that's because most of Michaels moderators aren't even pilots or know much about the industry...

Just got an email for Phase 1 for next week,
Sept 11 !!!!
That should allow me some interesting conversation since I was sitting in a UAL cockpit on that day 11 years ago.

Never forget!!

Latest resources

Back