• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

HAWAIIAN Phase III invites

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm just dumb enough that I sorta went out there and poked my head in. Luckily, the man hisself was there. It was a Monday morning so maybe that's why I got lucky.

Actually, I was coming back to the U.S. from Sydney, so I just went with HA instead of directly to LAX with UA or DL. It added 5 hours or so to the trip, but well worth it.

Now that I think about it, maybe it wasn't such a hot idea to show up without an appointment: impulsive/brash or simply driven? disrespectful or casual?

AHHH I love this process.

The Chief said he is always open to talking to pilot candidates, however he can't/doesn't accept appointments. But in my opinion it is very important to just stop by to see if he's there. I didn't get an interview in '08, so in '09 (while living on the mainland) I stopped by and missed him a couple times before finally getting some face time. Then a few months later I went through stages 1,2, and 3 in consecutive months.

Good luck all!! Hawaiian will be hiring for years to come, I have a ton of friends trying to get in, and slowly but surely we are.

BTW Mr Microclimates I submitted the LOR and your resume to HR

Guys.. how important is Jet PIC to Hawaiian? I have right now 600 Jet PIC and 3500 Jet SIC... and I am coming up on a chance to re-upgrade soon... I just wonder if its necessary?

Where is the training? I have been very lucky with living in MSP where MEsaba does their training. Only once did I go to another city for training. I would think that in the beginning the training is in HNL and then the rest is where ever the SIMS are. Unless Hawaiian has their own 717, 767, and 330 SIMs?

Your right, GS in HNL. 767 and 717 sims in SEA. 330 in MIA. Hear we are also going to be using 330 sim in YVR.

Good luck to all you guys. As you well know, it's competitive. I am really not all that qualified to say the best course of action is for staying persistent. Hiring has gone way high tech since I applied, but I can say persistence seems to be the key.
It appears Hawaiian will be in hiring mode, off and on, for a long time. Our focus is on Asia and there is apparently a lot of growth opportunities there. As with any airline, anything can and will happen. Just witness our HND flight. it started out way ahead of expectations and was doing great, than the tsunami hit and it is just now recovering. But all signs seem to indicate that air travel in Asia will boom in the next 5 years.

i was one one of the lucky ones... i'm in class for the 8th... pretty stoked right now... heard there will be five of us... got the notice three days after phase 3... that made it just a day before the two week notice...
i personally believe persistence is the key... unless you have a family member there... but for me, i just kept up the face time... not in a crazy way, just keeping up with the latest news, talking with the CP every other month, talking with my connections, making sure my name was a common one around the halls...
they are doing another round of interviews this week... looks like phase 1 for mon-wed then phase 2 i think on fri...? best of luck to everyone! never give up... i pushed for 4 years and it finally paid off... aghhhhhhh i can finally breathe.....

Latest resources

Back