Hawaiian Jumpseat War

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That USED to be what regionals were about= a "QUICK" upgrade and get out-
Most still are. There are airlines out there hiring, just not southwest.;)

With all the outsourcing though- it's usually not quick and competitive Turbine PIC times are not close to the mythical "1000"- usually closer to 3000-5000--->
That's what makes regionals so great for a stepping stone!

Dress it up all you want- there's nothing quick about a stepping stone that takes 7-13 YEARS to move on from
Kind of like southwest now......Oh, you aren't talking about upgrade times?:laugh:

As far as being willing- we all have a lot invested in this career-
the southwest pilots more than anyone since they had to buy their jobs!

I love the major airline pilots that sell out their jobs- and then bitch about a regional pilot that's not quite ready to give up on his or her career- so they endure. Looked down on for enduring- great. How about those with the power stop the outsourcing when they can and not choose to sell it out for a menial pay raise for the top guys? (AKA DELTA 2006)
I love the guys who are so cocky they think their airline is the only one on the planet and that their ******************** don't stink.
They paid for their job, and had their senior pilots sell them out for age 65, stagnating their careers. They brought down the industry with ********************ty pay and benefits, with even worse work rules.
Now, no more 5 year upgrades, looks more like 15-20. (aka southwest 2009)

Your schtik is tired. Ran out of steam a while ago. With your handle- you ought to support my views- but it seems more important to you to bash southwest. It's just wierd.

It's not southwest that makes me cocky. It's the six pack stomach - how hard i work - all my friends and how often i get laid that makes me cocky---

only haters get upset by it.

It's really not my fault you're more than a bit backed up- just got to work on your game...

Also, we do have to be vigilant if Mesa is trying to us the jumpseat for pilots traveling on company business to save money when relocating crews to Hawaii. This is a big no no.

Trust me no Mesa pilot would do that!

But the bottom line is we are not instigating a jumpseat war, it was an isolated incident that the MEC wants to make sure that it doesn't happen again.

I agree. I jumped on you guys while out there. Nothing but professionals up front and in the back. Just a few rogue pilots taking out their frustrations on Go pilots. Mesa guys retaliated and the jump seat chairmen diffused it. You know if you lash out this way at someone they are likely to lash out at one of your pilots in retaliation. Nothing good can come out of stonewalling a jump seater because you disagree with something that is completely unrelated to him/her getting to where you are going and asking for a seat that WONT COST YOU ANYTHING.

Your schtik is tired. Ran out of steam a while ago. With your handle- you ought to support my views- but it seems more important to you to bash southwest. It's just wierd.

It's not southwest that makes me cocky. It's the six pack stomach - how hard i work - all my friends and how often i get laid that makes me cocky---

It's really not my fault you're more than a bit backed up- just got to work on your game...

You couldn't get laid in a woman's prison..

You sure?
'cause I'm out the door right now and I'd like to tell Christi your thoughts on that...
You keep hating and I'll keep poking... It's a good set up for me, bc my give a sh/t meter is pretty well pegged at zero

Last edited:
It's about time that somebody figured out that MESA is Deadheading crews on other airlines Jumpseats.

It's the job of the pilot to refuse to be DH'd on a js. Simple as that.

If the pilot CHOOSES to give up their seat for another non-rev (which I've seen more often than not), then MGT can't compel anyone to DH, esp off line, in the JS.

I'm just not a communist weed like you. I guess I just can't help it. You blame ALPA pilots for the industry, and I blame crappy carriers like southwest. It's that simple. As far as hating southwest. Naaah, just some of their ****************************** bag pilots like you. Especiallyl the junior ones who think they've re invented the wheel by working there.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:
I'll bet you're a real Richard Simmons.
All your friends and the guys at the gym must really comment on those rock hard abs! (not that there's anything wrong with that)

I know, a guy drops his keys in front of you, he better kick them all the way home!

My game is to keep little pricks like you in check, junior. And as far as being backed up. If picking up men at your local gym is how you get your pleasure..........It kind of explains a lot about your posts!:blush: You go girl!

Latest resources

Back